Maserati Levante | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Maserati Levante

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by wings, Oct 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    This is very unfortunate for you as well as Maserati. I hope this is an extremely isolated incident otherwise it sounds like Maserati as a company in the USA just isn't "there" yet. Regardless, you shouldn't have to chase them down for an answer like this.
    Perhaps Maserati NA is monitoring this website and someone with gravitas will reach out to you and make this a whole lot better in a hurry?

Merak1974 likes this.
  2. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Maybe try another dealer in the area for help. The oldest dealer is Maserati of Marin wich is the original dealer for the SF area(originally called Mill Valley Ferrari/Maserati). I am sure they would love to make the new Maserati dealer look bad.

3. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    I think its more widespread in the vehicle lineup, maybe not US vehicles, but certainly those in China/Asia, issues with both the Ghibli and Levante. From what little I can find and sort of piece together with my conversations with Maserati reps, I get the impression they want to fix without "officially" telling the owners unless they've experience the issue. One of the rep let slip out, that the 2018 model was "suppose to have had this issue fixed".

I
    I think I'm done with Maserati - It's like going to a fancy restaurant while everything looks good, by the end of the night you've dealt with awful food and bad service, just leaves a bad taste in the mouth and wallet.

4. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well that's not what I've been hearing through people I know up till now but in the USA they've recently undergone a big shakeup in management to make it more Chrysler and shifted the headquarters back to Michigan so I don't know ...

That's a pretty serious issue and not like an annoying issue with the infotainment system so I can't imagine why they'd take a wait and see attitude?

I had the same exact issue back in 1985 with my Biturbo and the ZF 5 speed would pop out of 1st gear into neutral! Twas a ZF issue but scary as hell when stuck sideways trying cross an intersection! They dropped a new transmission in it right away.

5. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Qualifier - my statement was based on my bias :), and just sort piecing it together. The amount of resistant I've gotten from both the Dealership and Maserati NA is what gives me that impression - I've even told multiple people at both firms - imagine - if I'm on a hill at a stop light, light goes green, it pops into neutral hits the car behind me - all they see is a Maserati and $$$$ signs.

To me it defies logic that if indeed the 2018 is "fixed", there is a recall notice, but Maserati has no answer as to why the "fix" for the 2017 is not available or they don't have definitive time-table as to when.

6. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob

Well "original" is being generous. Some of us go back to the 1970s there but I do think he should get a second dealer's opinion. I've done that before and with a very old and prestigious dealership in SF, still there, after they cracked my windshield while replacing a defective dash. I was DONE with them at the time too. Not a Maserati dealership.

7. klfpaul

klfpaul Karting

Apr 7, 2003
    Murrieta, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Paul
    Had a similar issue with my Ghibli Q4 where the engine would all of a sudden shudder violently and lose most power. Was intermittant and dealer could not diagnose. Did it for them once so they saw what it did and they tried some things but they ultimately didnt work. Then on my repeat taking the car back to them, they couldnt replicate it, but they said they HAD to be able to, even though it did it previously for them. Go figure. Guess I was lying.. Insisted I had to take the car back. But when I got car back, it did it for me. Was scary for my wife to drive. Never did it again at dealer though, even though they "tried". I tried to get them to think outside the box to get this fixed for me. Regional Aftersales manager for California wouldnt authorize anything extra. Said they dont do that. Went round and round with dealer service who said their hands were tied by Maserati NA's Regional Aftersales Manager. Got Maserati NA involved and they tried to help but they said it was up to Regional Manager. Spoke with that Aftersales Manager for nearly a couple hours, but was like talking to a brick wall. I should mention his career had been with Chrysler... Car is gone off lease in a few months so I have given up. Settled for a months payment refund.. Goodbye Maserati. Its too bad as my next was to be a Granturismo. Love that car..

This is what I posted previously to sum up my Maserati feelings:

Having dealt with some of these higher level "Maserati" nee Chrysler personnel (regional level managers) on the aftersales side for an ongoing engine issue with a new Ghibli Q4 I bought, to describe them as worthless would be giving them too much credit. They have no idea how to rectify a situation, placate a customer, retain future sales from said customers, make things "right" or "think outside the box" in any way that is not terribly worse than the bare minimum of a Chrysler experience. The aftersales "experience" will sink the brand, in the US at least, in my opinion.

LI2782 likes this.
  8. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    2018 USA Maserati Levante sales:-

January - 279
    February - 458
    March - 348
    Total: 1085

bay likes this.
  9. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    2018 Europe Maserati Levante sales:-

January - 386
    February - 386

bay likes this.
  10. DJP

DJP Karting

Jun 9, 2013
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Wow thanks folks for piping up about this particular vehicle. I’ve been eyeing it for the Wife but after driving and the mediocre reviews from most main car mags I just can’t pull the trigger. After hearing your reviews about various dealers...no way. I wonder if Stevens Creek could provide better service? I know before Smythe European was bought by autonation they would do anything. Since ownership change and adding Maserati I wonder if they could even offer better service if regional sales doesn’t listen. Random - one of the salesmen at the Maserati location knows his Italian cars. Good folks there.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    Jan 379
    Feb 305
    Mar 567
    Total 1251

12. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

Sales down 13,27% from last year.

Perhaps the new V8 Levante will boost current sales.

13. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    I hope ;)

NEP likes this.
  14. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    Unfortunately probably not, the Trofeo is a halo model and is probably going to be in the 150k+ range. A detuned version at 530 to 550 hp at 130K should be considered. What Maserati really needs to do is build a larger SUV not smaller, let that to Alfa Romeo.

15. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    For information :
    Switzerland , first 3 Months 2018

Ghibli 56
    GranCabrio 10
    Granturismo 6
    Levante 101 ( 171 - 2017 ! )
    Quattroporte 7

NEP likes this.
  16. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I thought the 530hp was going to be the GTS. This is what I heard from a sales guy in SA this past Saturday, kind of like Cayenne Turbo and Cayenne Turbo S.

17. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    That could be the case for Europe and maybe eventually for North America.

18. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Top 10 2017 Maserati Levante Global Sales

1) China - 8569
    2) USA - 5547
    3) Italy - 1832
    4) Germany - 1033
    5) UK - 925
    6) Japan - 845
    7) Canada - 711
    8) Switzerland - 533
    9) Australia - 429
    10) France - 365

bay likes this.
  19. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    While these are official numbers, a couple hundred USA Levantes were shipped to China after purchase from US dealers , especially in the early part of 2017.

20. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    2018 Europe Maserati Levante sales:-

January - 386
    February - 386
    March - 505
    Total: 1277

21. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Rather encouraging figures

22. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    But some 35% down on LY.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Yes, you are right, but at least the downward trend from summer 20017 onwards seems to have been reversed

24. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    Hope so! I’ve had mine for half a year and think it is great SUV. Some niggles, but great engine, handling and stands out from the X5s, Cayenne’s etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

staatsof likes this.
  25. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    For information :
    Switzerland , first 5 Months 2018

Ghibli 85
    GranCabrio 23