Maserati Khamsin | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lambomiura

lambomiura Formula Junior

May 18, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Philippe Muratori
    #101 lambomiura, Mar 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Is the position of the rear lights on this one is normal? I found an another one like this. Looks strange.

Philippe
    www.lamborghinimiura.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    That is how the US cars were made/disfigured by the factory for the US market, obviously this one no longer has its US rear bumper: this chap needs some guidance and a bumper kit.

Do you know the chassis number and do you have contact info for him?

If so pleaee pm me.

Best regards,

Marc

www.maseratikhamsinregistry.com

3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    What is unsual about this car it that he has already done the exhaust work; there is no set pattern in this but usually people do the bumper and light conversion and often don't do the exhaust, he did it the other way around.

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Actually I checked my photos and that man contacted me less than a month ago: small world!

He did not yet get back to me with the # number though.

5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #105 Nembo1777, Mar 30, 2008
    Philippe since you are in Quebec (or so I assume) do you know this Khamsin? All I know is it is lovcated in the Montreal area and the man's last name is Noiseux: if you have contact info for him I would appreciate it.

Best regards,

Marc

6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #106 Nembo1777, Mar 30, 2008
    A beautiful photo for a change: Khamsins are not easy to photograph and as Ivan Ruiz says look mch better in person than on most photos.

This is AM120351 after its restoration by Omicron Engineering in England in 1986 (yes already then: it had been left outside in their wet climate for years). There was a six part feature about the restoration in Supercar Calssics which was a great magazine while it lasted. Their copyright.

7. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    #107 wbaeumer, Mar 30, 2008
  8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes I believe there were 5 Khamsins at that event, quite a gathering!

9. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    There were 7 Khamsin!

Ciao!
    Walter

10. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Great looking cars.

11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    7!? I think I would need a defibrilator!:)

12. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    #112 italiancars, Mar 30, 2008
  13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Joe:

Nice photo. One of them would be yours right? It seems all 3 are still US bumpered, I thought you'd done your car?

14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    oh many years ago...sorry I definitely need more coffee! Do you have photos of your car all done?

15. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Mark,
    Car is not finished yet, any year now. Body work complete (not paint) car is now in Baltimore to have the engine re-installed. Once mechanics are finished, it will be returned to the bodyshop (in PA) to be painted and the bumpers installed. Then I will re-install the interior.

Hopefully it will be done for the 40th Anniv in 2012, when it will be the Maserati feature model for the Maserati Owners National Meet at Le Belle Macchine d'Italia.

Joe

16. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA

Mark,
    If I remember correctly mine is the one in the middle. Photo was taken sometime in the late 80s or early 90s. I other photos somewhere. There was also a Black automatic there in that particular year. My car was usually the only Khamsin at the event.

So it looks like the record is 7 Khamsins at one event. We'll have to try and break that, this year we are trying to break the record for the number (5) of Lamborghini Isleros at an event. Our goal is 10, hopefully mine will be finished (sound familiar).

Joe

17. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Well I'll just have to finally attend that year, hopefully with one!

18. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    The time has come for single model gatherings, one model per gathering in particular for the forgotten ones: Khamsin, Indy, Islero, Espada, 365Boxer, 365GTC4, to ensure the maximum number of cars there should be one in the center of Europe like Geneva or at the the Schlumpf museum and new road course in eastern france and one on each coast in the US: Virginia International raceway on the right coast and Ojai and one of ther road courses there like willow springs or buttonwillow. Each should have a road rally of at least a full day and up to thre max. There should be an informal concours (no concours nonsense) and and a big photoop with all the cars together in an attractive location, I MC'ed at a concours in Kentucky and while it was very well promoted with Hurley Haywood and the late Bob Snodgrass as VIP guests people from the coasts were reluctant to come so I don't think a midwestern event would work. Just my 2c

19. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA

You'll have the same problem with VIR, it is in the middle of nowhere like most tracks in the country. The best track geographic wise in the country is Pocono (less than 100 from Metro NY & Phila. and within 300 miles of 70 million people). But even though it is is the closest track to Manhattan, people still think it's a long distance (3 states over).

Joe

20. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Mark,
    Do you anything about the International Maserati Club meet that takes place in a different country in Europe each year? Which country and dates for 2008 & 2009?

Thanks,

Joe

21. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Joe (and all other Masermen!),
    come over to the Fatherland this year! The German Club will host this very nice annual event in September. Program and application comes when anybody contact me directly ([email protected])!
    We try to organize within this event a meeting of the 3500 Spyder-Vignale and the great A6G-2000!

Ciao!
    Walter

22. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Walter,
    I'd love to come, but probably won't be able to this year with our new event taking place a month and a half later. www.italiancarsatdaytona.com The first year is going to tough to go anywhere. Monterey is even going to be tough.

Where is the event in 2009, I'm hoping Italy since we are thinking about going next year would like to plan the trip around the meet if possible.

Joe

23. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Considering the number of cars in Europe it is lame, almost every year: the car count is low and it is the same thing year after year. I don't mean to offend anyone or get Walter all upset (easily done:) but I would much rahter go to Le Mans classic in July: that is the ultimate: I will be there. That is not to say that I won't atend the annual meet infuture when I have a K again but jesus it is only the shadow of what it should be....but then again maybe I got spoilt with 15 years in the US and several Montereys!

24. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Mark, thanks for your really helpfull comments!!! We kick our ass off to make it special do not need such comments as they are simply not true. May I kindly ask in how many annual Int. meetings you participated? I didn`t see you anywhere there the last years! The last time we hosted this event (2001 in Berlin) was spectacular! You did NOT participate. You were in Switzerland? - NO! Holland? - NO! Belgium? - NO! Italy? - propably yes, but this was lame as far as I heared (I was not there as I was in hospital).

Ciao!
    Walter

25. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    Keep us informed Walter. My German friend Jochen wants me to come visit. He is a car person too and I'm sure he'd be interested.