Maranello Ferrari Trip | FerrariChat

Maranello Ferrari Trip

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ferrone, Feb 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrone

ferrone Karting

Aug 20, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Don
    Hey guys, Any suggestions on where to stay that would be close to the Ferrari factory as well as some good local restaurants? Hopefully everything that needs to be seen is in walking distance. Any suggestions on what attractions to hit? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
  3. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I stayed at The Planet Hotel in 2008. Home - Planet Hotel Plain, even austere, but was clean, comfortable and friendly. Directly across from the factory gates and from Il Cavallino restaurant. Close to the Galleria and Fiorano.

In addition to doing "Ferrari"sites, you might also like to check out the Pannini collection - mostly Maseratis - in Modena. http://www.paninimotormuseum.it
    Jon

4. ferrone

ferrone Karting

Aug 20, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Don
    Thanks guys!

5. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    There is not a whole lot non-Ferrari around the Ferrari factory. It is an amazing place to visit during the day for the tour, museum, etc, but there is not much else.

I would not hesitate to stay further afield, in the center of (a) town and drive to Maranello for the day or days.

As the other extreme, I did the factory tour in October and drove from the Cinque Terra area to Maranello for the day. Lots of driving, but it worked out.

BTW, if you want to view the track beyond what you see on the factory tour, if you start standing on the sidewalk across the street at Cavallino Restaurant facing the factory gate, turn left and follow the sidewalk out of town. In about a 1/4 mile there is a small bridge with a clear view of the track. My brother and I watched FXX K #13 blasting around at the time we were there.

6. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    There are about ten Ferrari (classic car) restoration shops in the greater Maranello. Famous names such as Carrozzeria Egidio Brandoli in Montale, Bachelli Villa Carrozzeria Sport Auto in Bastiglia, Diena & Silingardi at Via Toscanini in the City of Modena, or Carrozzeria Cremonini in Carpi near Modena, Tappezzeria Luppi in Modena or Tappezzeria Maieli near Mantua, and several others.
    All most interesting.
    Also the new official Ferrari dealership Ineco on the Via Emilia Est near the old Scaglietti factory.

Marcel Massini

7. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  8. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    If you end up in Modena, make sure to check out Museo Casa Enzo Ferrari. It's well worth the visit. They have different exhibitions every year, not sure what is for 2016. Pagani factory is also a 15 min drive from the Casa museum. There is also a few classic car dealerships around Modena. I passed by AutoSpeak in 2013 and they happened to have an F40, four door Ferrari, EB110 and some other cool racing cars in their inventory, super friendly and real car enthusiast people in Modena. Awesome palce :) have fun!
    P.S Maserati is also in Modena.

9. isaydingdong

isaydingdong Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2014
    ny
    Full Name:
    Sy Sperling