News

Mang's Garage

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Mang, May 1, 2013.

1. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Very cool place. It’s beautiful inside and out.

Mang likes this.
  2. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    ...stunning Mike...just revisited your thread today...LOVE your style and tastes...I’ve followed this thread all along and have tremendous respect and admiration for a master craftsman like yourself ...how you transformed this masterpiece is incredible !...might I ask why are you selling?...I understand the car thing when one restores a car to move onto the next one but houses are much different...as I say-strongly want this house but alas can’t ...‍♂️‍♂️♥️✌️

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  3. Mang

Mang F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    Tahoe
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    aloha Stu, thanks for the nice props. I listed it and planned a move to Hawaii, but it sat all winter unsold, while I stayed in Hawaii. I came home in Feb. as the virus news first hit. So I’ve just left things/plans alone, everything as is for now, but am reconsidering staying now, and enjoy every minute living here. We’ve had a lot of snow over the past 3 weeks, so chillin at home is the norm during storms. Hope u good bruh!

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  4. Mang

Mang F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    Tahoe
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    With hanging around at home comes projects. I’ve had my eye on this area for a while and knew it would be hard work but went for it. I have built a stone stairway up the slope and a walkway on top - from there more big stones stairs up the hill. I found an old ‘gate’ that I’m going to use as a fence - a piece of driftwood dragged out of the lake will act as a handrail it’s naturally rubbed smooth. Work in progress but taking shape...

Attached Files:

5. Mang

Mang F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    Tahoe
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Spent another 30 hours or so, evolving this area. I’ve removed a lot of dead manzanita and old roots, added another 4 steps going up the steep grade. My ‘system’ working alone...I have to locate a boulder, dig it out and then using gravity, be careful to guide it down into its spot. I can twist and turn these monsters, and lift for a second or two. I’m so sore today, day off. U can see some crazy rocks poking out of the side of the cliff, they are going to be harvested and put into play. I’m trying to figure a way to rig up straps to make sure they don’t go down once loose. I plan terraced rock walls and will plant a bunch of rodent proof plants once it’s all zenned out! By now I’ve moved and twisted literally every rock you see in these photos, most twice. :confused:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login