Malaysia Practice ***SPOILER*** | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Malaysia Practice ***SPOILER***

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jknight, Mar 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Weather still reporting 50% chance T-Storms throughout the weekend with a high temp of 96 F for qualifying. Too bad about Bourdais' tranmission problem, that explains why he only shows one lap completed. Glad to see Lewis back on the mark for the second session after his gear selection issue was resolved. Qualifying should be most interesting.

Carol

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks for the update Carol ..

Without me reading thread how are the Ferrari's looking..?

3. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Good morning Steve - Lewis took P1 in the second practice in the last ten minutes. Massa had been fastest. After completion of the second practice it's Lewis, Massa. Kimi. A fair bit of drama in the first practice session. Reports now say that Kimi ran out of fuel at turn 12 in the first practice - they may have addressed the engine issue but this is just as bad. Ferrari ended up 1-2 in that practice - Lewis had a small gear problem. DC's car disassembled itself in Practice 1 in a very spectular fashion when the suspension failed again. Webber blew up, got it off track and fire ensued.

Despite all the negativity on here of late about Massa, he did a great job for Ferrari.

Carol

4. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Afternoon/night Carol I'am not sure...:)

Thanks again for the sum up.

Yes I tend to agree, Massa has had more than his fair share of Flak of late..

5. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    You're quite welcome - incidently, it's 5:20 am here right now for me. Have a great day, catch you later on qualifying (ugh! it's at 1 am for me).

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    it did shower here for a while. a heavy, but short shower. that was around 4-5 local time.

7. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    JB in the Honda looking good, bring it on.

8. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Yep, in Autosport, Kimi was quoted as saying that his first session was not optimal because of "communications problems within the team," which jibes with the "ran out of gas."

Massa is pretty strong in the head. He learns quick and he's quicker than Kimi right now... Let's give him a chance. :)

Short answer, they're looking good.

9. a8guy

a8guy Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    that broadcast looked HD- it was widescreen at least
    obviously is loses a lot of its fidelity passed through youtube

I'd imagine the biggest issue here is the fact the wheel came off- that becomes a dange to everyone - race stewards, spectators, other drivers

10. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
  11. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
  12. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    agreed. i thought they developed some sorta thing to prevent the wheel from flying off...

13. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    You can see both wheels retained by the mandated teathers. Didn't stop the right one from leaving the area!

14. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    So Brian are you predicting rain during qualifying today, or does it usually come later in the day?

15. Javelin276

Javelin276 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Thor Zollinger
    With carbon fiber suspension components, it sure makes the car fragile. All he did was run over a nasty curb due to missing a turn.

16. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I think the problem is that Adrian Newey has a similar mindset to Colin Chapman and makes the car to the razor's edge when it comes to weight and longevity of components.

17. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Which would work great if his driver could keep the car on the circuit :)

18. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1

19. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

This is a typical tropical forecast. It might rain it might not = 50%. Try Florida in the summer or Singapore on a daily basis. You could make this forecast in your sleep as long as its not monsoon season. This is a decent forecast. Usually rain is in the afternoon or early evening. Tropical.

The night race in Singapore has real good chance of rain. Stupid! I dont like rain as I like them to race in conditions where the car and driver can perform at the max. Rain HARDLY provides such an environment. Its time to end deluge/pace car racing in F1. It might make them interesting but it is not ideal. Ya I know they did it in the old days. Who cares we dont live in the old days.

20. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Watch the reply gents, the car broke in mid turn causing the car to straighten. DC isn't to blame.

21. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I'm sure after he's done buying grocery stores in poor neighborhoods just so he can close them, he'll call Youtube and have it pulled.

22. Lindsay_Ross

Lindsay_Ross Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Lindsay Ross
    No one has ever doubted Massa was a fast driver. i don't know how much more clear I can make my opinion. He lacks Racecraft. he'll get passed like a rookie by FA and then click off purple in all sectors... IF YOU ARE THE FASTEST DRIVER, WHY ARE YOU GETTING PASSED!????

23. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Perhaps he may have had a legitimate reason - I have friends who have seen Massa many times at F1 test sessions at Fiorano and Mugello and their comments are favorable on his performance. With all the Massa bashing here on FChat - it should be renamed MBWorld or something! I frequent the MB sites and Lewis isn't made fun of, commented about being a crappy driver, etc. . . . Massa has taken poles and been on the podium when Kimi hasn't performed to expectations for various reasons. I thought I had taken a week's break from school kid behaviour - guess not.

Carol

24. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I'm going to say that I fully expect to see Vettel replace DC at Redbull next year. Unless DC pulls something amazing out of his ass, like a couple podiums or something, it's his final year in F1.