Magnus Walker on 308GT4 | FerrariChat

Magnus Walker on 308GT4

Discussion in '308/328' started by kiwiokie, Jan 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Not a huge MW fan but interesting he picked a GT4 and an Espada.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

wrxmike, Rosey and absostone like this.
  2. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    I like the blu sera and red interior combination. Owner on this forum?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

3. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Not a bad video I must say.
    Some interesting cars and some great street scenes of Rodeo drive and LA too.

4. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    It's been no secret he's been looking for a GT4. I think that's interesting.

sjd

5. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    I love magnus! As he said he once had a 308. Thus I believe he focuses more on the espada in this video. If you have been watching this new hagerty series he drove my friends m5 the week before.

Rosey likes this.
  6. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    I was a regular on the 911 forum on Pelican Parts when he first introduced his little “home made” video about his cars. It was a slick, professional quality, piece of self promotion served up as “just another 911 enthusiast”. Then came the obligatory brand. Urban Outlaw. Right. He has good taste in cars and is an amazing promoter but I find the whole Urban Outlaw business just pretentious. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. Ben Pratt

Ben Pratt Rookie

Sep 9, 2018
    Los Angeles
    I’m the owner of the GT4. My first step into the Ferrari world.

eskamobob1, 4re308, Nicolas21 and 4 others like this.
  8. Ben Pratt

Ben Pratt Rookie

Sep 9, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the compliment! The car was silver/red when I bought it a few years ago. I took the door panels off and discovered... no silver! Not sure when it was resprayed but it was cracking and bubbling in spots so I had my paint guy color match the blue and am very happy with it.

The interior wasn’t bad but certainly had some rough spots and figured I might as well do that while the rest of the car was in pieces. In hindsight I think I should’ve just redyed the leather because it had a great, deep luster to it that you can only get with age.

eskamobob1 and JG333SP like this.
  9. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Blu sera is my favorite color on a gt4.

10. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    'Cause nobody has these'...exactly. Never thought about it but these are perfect for driving around LA/So Cal. The incog-Fcar! Around here (N of boston) folks have zero idea what these are which is very cool with me-and if they do they've always got some cool story. Also, I'm a big fan of silver/red CC on these but that blue/red is flipping great-

11. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    I will never understand the fascination with this guy.

carguyjohn350 and Brian Harper like this.
  12. Ben Pratt

Ben Pratt Rookie

Sep 9, 2018
    Los Angeles
    The silver was a problem for my ego; I can't tell you how many people told me they liked my Delorean. I even overheard one guy walk by with friends and said "yeah man, that's the car from 'Back the Future', it's a [sic] El Dorado." Can't make this stuff up.

JG333SP likes this.
  13. classicalfas

classicalfas Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2012
    Gardiner, NY
    Full Name:
    Peter D
    I just purchased a silver gt4 a few months ago, my wife was out walking our dog and a neighbor a few houses away stopped her and asked if her I had gotten a new Delorean. I’m guessing I’ll hear that a few more times. The blue was my absolute first choice, fantastic color on the gt4.

14. Ben Pratt

Ben Pratt Rookie

Sep 9, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Congratulations on the acquisition. What’s the interior?

15. classicalfas

classicalfas Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2012
    Gardiner, NY
    Full Name:
    Peter D
    All black, but I’m going to install a red carpet kit. I’m waiting for some samples from a few vendors.

JG333SP likes this.
  16. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    This is certainly one of the major appeals of the gt4 to me. While I do like the styling, I think the 2 starter styling is better. But there is a very serious apeal to me simply because the car is just more approachable by coworkers (unlike even just a 348) and doesn't massively stand out on the road. Kind of feels like its as "****** proof" as an f-car can get. I realy realy like that personaly.