MADNESS...Sebass gets 25 seconds. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

MADNESS...Sebass gets 25 seconds.

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Etcetera, Oct 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Its obvious you do not understand this at all. Don't you know that the stewards wait until the end of the race to see how the Ferrari's did before fixing the results. Far be it for them to make a decision without ALL the available information.

2. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Well put and I agree.

3. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Sad as it may be, I agree with you on that. It seems rather obvious at this point.....

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

Should Massa win the title, it will be undeserved.

5. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I had already decided that after Spa, this lastest stewards decision AFTER the race confirms it.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    He was gifted one point today. I believe he was gifted 8 points at Spa. So he better wins the championship by 10 points or his title will go down as a courtesy of FIA.

7. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I didn't watch or record the race and this helps reinforce my reasoning for doing so.

8. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    that's NOT racing, that's called bloody-mindedness

he got done for the start and knows if he brakes late Kimi will have to move over or get crunched , too much Senna/Prost manoevure for me, he should be given a race suspension for that one, Schuey was given these but the crying pommie media would stir up a storm over a race ban for poor old Hamster .... whining wankers

Massa fought back when he got overtaken, damn, is that suppose to happen to the golden child, with the emphasis on 'child' ??

then because he hits the 'chosen one' Massa gets a penalty :rolleyes:

THIS is Ferrari bias ?????????

you guys on here are the biggest drug-taking ratbags I've ever seen

9. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

Ferrari + "9 gift points" equals a champ by the hands of the FIA

What has happen to Ferrari, to make the FIA think that it needs "gift points" to be in the running?

10. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    F1 isn't a big betting sport in the USA

But how does the sport betting industry in the rest of the world handle paying bets?.... when FIA keeps changing races results after the race ends?

11. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    And Massa was on the inside when he tagged Lewis on lap two.

Sauce for the goose.

12. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm not complaining, it's called racing.

13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 Per the article about Kubica stating his thoughts on LH and his style and now LH thinks others are wrong to drive in a similar fashion. He cannot have it both ways. Penalty or not he is no Oxford grad and promptly ended his race after flat spotting his tires with his start. Great driver and an absolutely terrible strategist. All he had to do was sit behind Kimi and clear turn 1 and pass him. He was in control to recover nicely from a poor start and gather valuable points. LH still has so much to learn. Massa drove with aggression today and he is chastised here for it.

The Stewards decision is rendered after speaking to both teams for their insight. Im sure they had video we didnt see and access to telemetry. Felipe got a point anyway, he had nothing to do with getting the second. Blame the Stewards not Felipe. LH only has himself to blame for his perplexing strategy at the start.

14. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Bourdais had already exited the pits and had the inside line by the time Felipe was looking to get around him, or through him. It's not like Bourdais speed up and hurried to try and squeeze past him. The fact that he held the inside line and nearly drove onto the grass to leave space, is caution enough.

15. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Perhaps not -- Massa was coming up the outside while Lewis was behind Kimi. The Ferraris might have double-teamed him, if Lewis hadn't had a "blonde moment".

It's ironic that the physicist who added momentum to the traditional Newtonian physics parameters was named "Hamilton". ;)
    Lewis tried a whole new version of "Hamiltonian physics" that just didn't add up. :p
    Desperation move, pure and simple.

You could say the same for the incident where Lewis slammed the door on Massa on lap two. I suspect the two incidents are related: after penalizing Massa for running out of place to go (to keep the show close), they had to apply the same standards to Bourdais.

I suspect that Massa was penalized for Lewis losing too many places. Then they had to penalize Seabass or look more inconsistent than usual.

16. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Agreed overall. He (LH), didnt need any move that early given his speed and the conditions and his lead in the WDC, he doesnt seem to understand the authority he has with the lead. A good finish is all he needed. He would have had the podium if he keeps his cool on lap 1.

17. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #67 maxorido, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
    No, the two incidents are clearly different. Both Massa and Lewis were at race speeds, and Lewis had clearly overtaken Massa. All Massa had to do was either brake or slot in behind Lewis, or even move to the outside, instead, he didn't want to give way, just like he didn't with Bourdais, and went off track in some attempt to keep the inside and inevitably plowed into Lewis. Bordais on the other hand, had NOWHERE to go, an all Massa had to do was move to the outside, and with his momentum, would have easily moved ahead of him.

18. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Finally we are starting to say what I've been saying all along ...

Wouldn't have LH on my team.
    Pete

19. absila

absila Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 8, 2008
    The delayed decision is objectionable, but the spoon feeding it is omnidirectional, look at Kubica's penalty in 07 for racing Lewis.
    Bourdais didn't deserve the penalty, nor did Massa for the early incident, particularly as Lewis was penalized for a preceeding infraction,
    so technically he shouldn't have even been in a position to challenge Massa. The drive through cost Felipe more than the one point he was gifted, so more like
    spoon taking than feeding.
    In the end it was Lewis' race to lose and he demonstrated his balls have grown bigger than his brain.

Alonso calmly allowing the erratic one to unlap himself was priceless. Imagine what Lewis would have done, were the roles reversed.
    You can pretty much count on this guy's B's to shuffle the deck everytime the heat is on. Too bad he's taking out the F drivers in the process.

20. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    If I see one more penalty I am going to puke. This has become routine and is ruining the racing. If the FIA isn't careful, they may start losing viewers. I might be first in line. This has completely gotten out of hand.

21. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #71 355, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
    It was just a question of time before you came out with that. Its obvious that the racing is being scripted so it can be taken as close to the wire as possible. This is not Massa's fault and if he was in the WDC lead you can bet your bottom dollar that the penalty against SB would have gone against Massa. Like I said before the race the other day, one way or another Massa will finish ahead of Lewis in this race. Its not the Ferrari thing its just the FIA and all the idiots involved that are destroying the sport so they can make as many dollars as possible, not much unlike the banking fiasco in the USA right now.
    The thing I am now wondering is if they are wanting this to be wide open going into Brazil. Massa should win the race in Brazil with Lewis finishing 2nd or 3rd. I bet that Lewis will not take more than 3 points more than Massa in China to keep things interesting for Brazil infact Massa my close the gap to 3 points to make it really interesting. I doubt they will allow Lewis to take more than an 8 point lead to Brazil. If Massa were to dnf early enough in china then I suspect that Lewis will not garner many points or dnf as well with a mysterious engine problem. Hey they may even go to Brazil dead even. Lets wait and see.

22. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    This is ridiculous. If someone should have been awarded a penalty it was Massa. As a Ferrari fan I root for Masa to win the WDC but there's no way Bourdais was on the wrong.
    After exiting the pits drivers are not to yield when fighting for position, especially if it's on the inside line.
    Bourdais had nowhere to go while Massa could/should have avoided the contact.
    Shame on the stewards.

23. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    #73 WilyB, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    And yet you still watch ... ?

It is time we turned off in protest and told Bernie what we as people with functioning brains have had enough. The only way to do that is to give F1 a miss. Once his precious TV audience plummets he will finally realise that he and he almost alone has completely FNCKED F1. Then hopefully he and his TV channel will FNCK off, along with Mosely (and Todt)

Bring back Jean B. I say.
    Pete

25. Rival

Rival Formula Junior

May 12, 2005
    Misipi
    So?