MADNESS...Sebass gets 25 seconds. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

MADNESS...Sebass gets 25 seconds.

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Etcetera, Oct 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KDBTech

KDBTech Karting

Sep 7, 2008
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Ive just finished watching the F1 and I must say im getting further angered by each week that goes by....for the record Im a Hamilton fan, but that doesnt mean I'll defend his actions on the track blindly.

His start, was bad, he paniced/lost his head whatever, and paid for it loosing places, the drive through penalty tho? WTF? In the past cars have driven over/through/caused crashes in the first turn and not been penalised, so why now? Personally I dont feel that deserved a penalty, there were no accidents because of it, Coulthards off was unrelated and he already paid the price from loosing places.

Then Massa, well, that was a blatent manouver that cops in the states use to spin a car (forgot the term now) he was off the track, the pass was hamiltons....Massa gets a drive through, and deservedly so, got away lightly even!!

I did think that the FIA were just Hamilton bashing, and that maybe they didnt want a black champion, I dont know. But Bourdais??? COME ON! Now its clear that its "bash anyone that gets in Ferraris way".

The result....well, after all the commotion it went the way it should have, them 3 guys could have finished in any order and I would have been happy, Kubica might well be a force to be rekonned with next year, as well as Alonso if that Reno carries on as is.....whether I'll be watching it with all the Ferrari favouratism...I dont know.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    shouldnt have been a penalty. massa could easily have gone wider and had kept the position. :(

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The stewards need to get their noses out of the results. These constant inquiries for every single incident are ruining the sport.

What ever happened to "racing incidents?". What's wrong with aggressive passing? If someone intentionally punts off an opponent to take points away or take over their position on the track, then the stewards should penalize them. But, if two guys are fighting for the same corner and contact is made, I don't see what the big deal is about. That's racing. One or the other will give or they risk taking themselves out. It's up to the drivers in the seats to make that decision. It should not be the stewards Monday morning quarterbacking every single risky move. If we continue on this path, we might as well just call the race over after qualifying and give victory to the pole sitter.

Now, that being said, both Hamilton and Massa ran the stupidest race either has ever run. Both should be embarrassed today.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

+1

Particularly Hamilton looked like a complete buffoon.

5. KDBTech

KDBTech Karting

Sep 7, 2008
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I agree too, stewards constantly intervening is annoying! Too many damn rules!

If a driver causes carnage, pile up etc and/or was blatantly stupid or a targeted malicious attack, intervene.

If 2 or more drivers are going for it tho, and it goes wrong for any or all, so what, thats racing, drivers in that situation have a choice....back off and let others past, keep on it and risk an off.

Bourdais tho....come on :( Cant get my head around that one.

6. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    Typical, now it's racism in F1. Instead of focusing on the rules and how they are applied, the end all of all excuses, if he loses, it's because he is black. Lame, very lame. I am so glad our ancestors left Europe centuries ago.

7. 07F430Spider

07F430Spider Karting

Dec 5, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    +1 to that coming from a Massa fan

8. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Bordais didn't croos the pit exit white line. Massa didn't move over to hit Bordais. To my mind, nothing more than a racing incident. There should have been no penalty for either.

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

About the only reasonable explanation for the penalty I can come up with is that the FIA doesn't want anybody interfere with the title contenders. That actually makes sense and I hope the stewards will remember that also when it benefits the other contenders: Hamilton and Kubica

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    To be fair, hamiltons manouvre triggered about half of the front running cars to all run wide and lose positions...

11. KDBTech

KDBTech Karting

Sep 7, 2008
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Im not saying he doesnt deserve to finish where he did, it was a stupid start and he paid the price.

I didnt claim it was racism either, however, where big money is involved, I wouldnt put anything past anyone!

Up until now it was only Mclarren/Hamilton that tangled with Ferrari, so it all seemed a bit suspicous.

12. KDBTech

KDBTech Karting

Sep 7, 2008
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Dan
    But thats racing, it happens, no one crashed, they all got out of the corner, we've seen much more dangerous first corner events in F1 than that, with no one penalised.

13. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

Absolutely...

and with that... bordais knew he was on cold tires, wasnt going to have the grip of the overtaking car with warm tires... in the interest of safety you would think he would have backed off the throttle a little. Also, the over taking car was going 200. I know they are used to it, but could you imagine going 200 mph and being greated with a car traveling much slower in your racing line. Talk about a split second decision... (this thought comes from the mentality of an amateur driver... not all F1 drivers are superhuman all the time)

14. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    #39 redtrman, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
    I agree, going 200 mph and having to make a split second decision while you are in the moment is not an easy task if you are the driver. However, being an arm chair driver, it's easy to sit back and watch the replay and say what you would have done vs. the actual driver.

The same could be said for hamilton in turn 1, kimi passes him and gets so excited into the moment and thinks, I have to get past this guy and in the moment, he brakes late and it all happens in a split second. I do not fault either one of them.

15. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The is no rule saying that a car heading out of the pits has to sit there and wait for all the cars to go by, "Wow they're goin 200! I should sit here and wait for a while!". The fact is, Bourdais exited the pits, stayed in the inside, like he should have, and Felipe drove like Bourdais wasn't there. he drove like he was entitled to the space that Bourdais was in, but he wasn't, it's supposed to be a common sense type of respect, as Bourdais nearly moved onto the grass to give Massa room. To expect Bourdais to slam on his brakes and try and pitch his car out of the way to let Massa by, just because he's up to speed is absolutely ridiculous.

16. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Massa was on the outside, so by definition Bourdais has the racing line Isince he had the inside position and Massa had to pass from the outside). It's unfortunate, but these "Ferrari rules" makes it difficult to keep pushing for the team. This is total b.s.

17. Kalidengas

Kalidengas Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Full Name:
    J.Santiago
    #42 Kalidengas, Oct 12, 2008
    Madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All three 25 secs penalitys, Formula 1 is a not for girls!I don´t like LH, but i think that he didn´t do anything wrong.

18. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    I did not say what either should have done, it is just not that easy when you are the driver, not the person watching. In addition, Massa was already ahead of bourdais before they got to the apex or is my video being played with by Ferrari!

19. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    #44 redtrman, Oct 12, 2008
    You should go back and look at my post after the video was provided. I basically agree with you, but the question still remains, did bourdais attempt to slow down or did he pull ths state trooper move? If not intentional, then the penalty should have not been given.

20. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis

You are incorrect, there is a rule that says drivers coming out of the pits must use caution with oncoming cars at race speed, perhaps not slam on the brakes and wait as you suggest, but they are not at race speed nor on the racing line, and therefor must yeild. This is atleast an FIA rule, I cannot speak for other sanctioning bodies.

21. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No your wearing red blinkers watching it!!

22. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Kimi forced LH off the track at the controversial Spa race; Net result was LH being penalized.

I think this may be my last year of watching WWF1. My sense of fairness cant take it.

23. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    He was on the inside!!!! case closed. Jim is correct

24. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #49 kraftwerk, Oct 12, 2008
    +1000
    Dave, I'm near the end off watching this crap, it's has been ruined.

25. xraygun

xraygun Karting

Feb 5, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Ray Henderson
    I do not understand why they decided to investigate this incident AFTER the race. It just doesn't seem sporting at all. It wasn't within the last 5 laps.(their excuse last time) They managed to "investigate" and issue penalties for similar incidents earlier in the race, why not this one? Were they too busy? Screwing a flag girl? Penalties should be handed out DURING a race if AT ALL POSSIBLE, giving the drivers a chance to sort out the final results. This altering of race results after the fact is destroying what little crediblity the sport has left. I can think of no reason why this wasn't handled during the race. Am I missing a detail here? Bernie and Max should go. They are destroying my favorite sport.