m4gts | FerrariChat

m4gts

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 95spiderman, Jun 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    #1 95spiderman, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    just read article on it in car & driver and seems ridiculous. 490 hp turbo and 3600 lbs with dct all for $140k. around 150 lbs downforce at top speed

if want german with dct why not get Porsche gt3 which is faster and lighter with a 9k redline for same $? or gt4 for stick shift and save $40k and keep same pace?

or if don't care about turbos, or heavy weight, how about gtr nismo that is much faster?

viper acr that is n/a, stick, lighter, and much faster?

other than limited edt with 300 usa cars, what is the attraction? and probably not many more acr or nismo made either

2. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    Fun post and good food for thought. I have read a lot of articles recently on the M4GTS, and everyone says its a great driving car and one the best BMW's. Thats pretty encouraging stuff.

3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    yes but still at that price point? seems crazy for a base model to be around $40k and the top sport version to be over 3 times price

4. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Mine's in production. Not like the LTW orders in 95. Not as efficient it seems. They should send Clubsport stuff in BF box with car, but are making "M" dealers install. Nearest is 300mi. Grrr.
    Price the CF wheels and tell me ridiculous. BMWNA wondered if I wanted 2 sets for spares. LOL.
    Yes price is high, but so is GT3 and RS. Both are far more than a 991.
    I expect this to be far more than an M3/4. That said, I'd also like an S65 motor too. They wouldn't do Individual paint either. Bastages.

5. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    have any M4 GTS's in the states started to change hands from original owners? or any contracts being sold?

6. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Mine's an early car, and I've not gotten delivery yet. No contracts trading I'm aware of, but lots of interest. CF wheels are really limited production, as is clubsport package, and that may be holdup. CF wheels in country I heard, but BMW trying to decide where to fit clubsport, either port or dealer.

7. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Bmw usa allowing clubsport package with roll bar be installed is pretty cool. Porshe usa doesnt. Have to buy roll bar from row parts and install yourself

8. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    i have seen some cool youtube video's from people picking their GTS's up at the Welt. Awesome machine. Haven't seen much specifics on CF wheels or clubsport package. Guess I gotta keep reading articles.

9. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #9 Sfumato, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    BMW Blog had only blurb I'd seen, I ordered it when nobody knew. :)
    100 sets wheels I think. Stupid $$$. At least they don't have orange on them. I hate orange. I tried to get paint to sample or even paint accents non-orange. Nope. Oh well. Alpine white, only color for a BMW race car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Awesome! More pics please.

11. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #11 Sfumato, Jul 22, 2016
    Mine's not here. This is factory car. First time I'd seen white with CF wheels tonite. Damn. 15k IIRC but saves 7kg. Excessive but why not?
    Most cars will be Frozen Grey. White FTW
    BTW, first Ferrari I ever had was Vetro Dry Sump. 21973. Nero/tan. Stratos a fave. missed one long ago, still regret.

12. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    #12 leeber, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Super looking GTS in white. I like the orange and think the non CF wheels look great with the orange accent. Thats the great thing about opinions! Really an awesome car BMW built this time.

13. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #13 Sfumato, Aug 2, 2016
    CF wheels came in. Absolutely gorgeous. Didn't have a scale, but they're incredibly light. Finish is amazing, only one seam inside wheel between beads, that edge is hand finished. 15k final price for wheels, evidently, but only 100-150 sets available.

Car complete, status same as rest of GTS.

I saw Style 666 wheels (German humor?) in silver/black on M4 on floor when I stopped to see wheels. M4 was gold. It's me, I just hate the Trans-Am shiny snowflake look. A shiny wheel is a bad wheel. :)

The orange that's left on the outside, and the clubsport package should be ok.

Tried to upload phone pics, but all named the same so it replaces them. This is the most interesting view anyway. Sorry

14. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Just came from BMW boards, surprised to hear there are a handful of new M4 GTS are still available on showroom floors. One guy mentioned buying one with 245 miles on it for under $90k! Guy waited for a good deal, looks like he got one.

15. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
    Yeah they can't sell. Local dealer just got one and was pushing hard for me to take it.