Lusso Values | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Lusso Values

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by PAUL BABER, Jan 4, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #76 miurasv, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    According to Ferrari it's 1020KG. See here: http://www.ferrari.com/english/gt_sport%20cars/classiche/all_models/Pages/250_GT_Berlinetta_lusso.aspx

F-Chat member DWR46 has recorded the weights of many Ferraris having measured them himself so he may be able to give the real weight of a Lusso. I'll send him a pm.

Please read posts 241 and 246 here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375590&page=13 The figure of 1020KG seems optimistically light to me for the 250 GT/L (Lusso) with its steel body given that the steel 250 GT SWB Berlinetta - 2575 pounds = 1168 KG as measured by Dyke (DWR46).

2. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    KP when you take in consideration that just 100 Spyders were produced of the GTS variant, that's 35 times the Lussos and 128 times the Daytonas production numbers, the car is very rare. Combine it with it's great looks and the open V-12 attributes you got an $1MM+ car instantly. They were about $500-650K not long ago. The low production numbers are dictating value on this one...

Geno

3. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Mmmm, I think we go back to school....what about 3,5 x and 12 times....and it is not about production numbers as the 275 is very popular and in total about 900! made.

Ciao
    Oscar

4. jusdriveit

jusdriveit Karting

Sep 11, 2005
    I weighed Lusso 4383 on a certified scale with 1/2 a tank of fuel (30 gal tank). No driver.
    It was 2920 lbs. 1480 lbs on the front wheels and 1440 lbs on the rear wheels.
    So that means 50.7% front/ 49.3% rear weight distribution.
    I haven't weighed my latest Lusso, but that's on the to do list.
    Aloha,
    Mark

5. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Sorry Oscar, you are the engineer....what about 1/ 3.5 number of Lussos and 1/12.8 number of Daytona for the production number of 330 GTS...
    Cheers
    P

6. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    #81 275gtb6c, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    Hi P,

We are talking numbers anyway, well F[x] equals F[y] or F [1/x] equals F [1/y]....

Only for real and no zero numbers....but values of these cars never reach zero, unless.......

But F[330 GTS] =\ F[Lusso] x 3 but F[330] GTS ~ F[Lusso]

Ciao
    Oscar

7. 275GTBSaran

275GTBSaran Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    Perfect Mark. Many thanks for this information!

8. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    So sorry, you inserted a comma, I forgot to insert a decimal point. Both of us need to go back to school. Not many open 12 cyl Ferraris were produced in the 100 car catagory. So production number in the hundreds or cars approaching the 1000 mark is not the same thing. A 275 GTB if only 100 were made would be on par with a value of a SWB...

9. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    #84 275gtb6c, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    Ehh, great, but why both of us?
    I don't think production numbers are influencing the price that much unless they are way above 1000 -2000 or so. Check the Dino prices...

It is all about beauty end being "hot"

Ciao
    Oscar

Sorry I live in Europe , so 1.1 is 1,1

10. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #85 miurasv, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Please accept my apologies, everyone, for my part in taking this thread on a tangent and off topic in places. However, I have posted the photographs below, not to revive or to perpetuate a disagreement with Mr Paul Baber, but for the benefit of people who agree with him or have been convinced by him in this thread that UK speed cameras can not or do not photograph cars with black & silver or back & white number plates and the implications that may have on some classic car drivers’ behaviour such as vigilance not of the level required and non adherence in the presence of speed cameras, resulting in speeding tickets, fines, licences endorsed with penalty points, increased insurance costs and driving bans etc. The photographs are the final proof that they can, and do.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. regaliaconcours

regaliaconcours Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2006
    Sun Valley
    Full Name:
    MICHAEL REGALIA
    Paul, Lets have this discussion about 1 year from now, you might like what you see then. Mike

12. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #87 Enigma Racing, Jan 28, 2013
    Try this one. It's all a question of size

100% satisfaction guaranteed

13. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    I hate to be a killjoy but for using a vehicle with a number plate that's not in accordance with the regulations you can be fined up to £1000 and is an MOT failure. The Police would be within their rights to pull you over just for the plate being the wrong size, or the letters and numbers MOI 439 too small/incorrectly spaced making it harder to read than normal. If it's a cherished number you could even get it withdrawn with no compensation for its value.

I don't think any speed camera would have a problem photographing your plate either. It's just asking for trouble imo, but you know best.

See here: https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-plates/overview

14. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Steve, why don't you make this a separate thread already? As if Americans (or any other nationality besides the UK) are going to care.

Onno

15. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Dear Steve. No need for the lecture on DVLA regulations as I am sure all drivers are well aware of the law and I posted the picture in jest. Personally, I am all in favour of drivers avoiding the scourge of speed cameras but any means. The Government tell us it is all about road safety but we all know otherwise.

16. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    No coincidence that the bureaucratic DVLA is based in Wales I think.......

17. ROADRUNNER3

ROADRUNNER3 Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2004
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    TIM SCOTT
    Steve - I'm afraid "off on a tangent" and "killjoy" are two well chosen expressions in this context.

This has started to feel like a lecture.

18. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    Or in the vernacular of both the Police & the DVLA.......... Foxtrot Oscar.

19. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson

I'm sorry. I now appreciate your post may have been in jest, but like your previous post it could have been taken out of context, and as fact. My apologies.

20. jjoldskool

jjoldskool Rookie

Jun 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    JONATHAN SEYMOUR
    Sorry who is this Baber bloke thinks he knows anything at all, 40 years of selling does that mean you are an expert ???

21. doppioexpresso

doppioexpresso Karting

Mar 29, 2010
    Zürich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc
    My grandfather once told me: "what people do wrong for 40 years, they call experience"

No offence to Paul Baber. He probably does know a lot about these cars. And probably the price for his GTE is not too high but simply futuristic... For the time beeing I hope he's wrong. But I will change my mind, when I own a 250 myself!

I personally dislike the harsch tone in some of the replies. But then again, we all have better and worse days, don't we ;-)

22. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    #97 ersatzS2, Mar 6, 2013
    Resurrecting this thread (despite it's shameful infiltration by hijackers quarreling about UK license plate cameras) to solicit any updated thoughts on the topic of Lusso values. The SCM dbase certainly shows a strong trend, so perhaps the OP's question is being answered in real time.

23. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    Very funny Mr Seymour.....See your Lusso is still for sale !!

24. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    #99 greg512tr, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    Not quite real time as the last data point is well over a year old but it certainly shows the trend line. I find it interesting that at every auction there are always a few 275 GTB's but not many Lusso's have crossed the block recently. I think when the next platinum level Lusso sells at auction it will be $1.3-$1.4MM.

25. Julius H.

Julius H. Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Julius
    #100 Julius H., Mar 9, 2013