Lusso T | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lusso T

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by montpellier, Feb 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Interesting the comments. Of course anyone who has driven any form of V12 knows the magic, and the Ferrari V12 is automotive utopia. However , I think Tim names it when saying it depends how long you want to keep it, after all the V8 we are talking about is a Ferrari V8, and it is very well respected in the other applications.

Are Ferrari really giving 10k in the Uk... sounds very unlike them

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    The UK dealers are organising test sessions at Millbrook and Goodwood in March, contact your local guys and see if you can arrange a drive?

3. roy kan

roy kan Rookie

Jul 8, 2005
    vancouver,b.c.
    Full Name:
    roy kan
    I placed an order for the Lusso T in August 2017, my dealer said my suppose to arrive in June and I am the first to customer to own the T, and they just got the demo several weeks ago.

4. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Ok , intrigued....
    Geneva?
    Any more info welcome !

6. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    This was posted on the V8 section - preparations for Geneva. Seems like in all the noise about the Pista, a little detail has snuck in.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Hybrid? The T has plenty of space in the engine bay with the smaller engine. So some kind of flywheel/gearbox assist could fit in. Even electric motors could fit in as it is such a big car. But I thought the first hybrids were coming in 201 though.

8. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    It's already pretty certain that the FUV will get a hybrid V8, so any update to the Lusso T will probably include that too. I'd bet that the next generation 2+2 - if there is one after the FUV (Probably, think) - will also have a hybrid V12. So yeah, the 812 and Lusso V12 could be the end of the NA V12's.

What makes no sense to me is selling the Lusso T alongside the FUV with the same hybrid V8. Seems like choosing the FUV over a two wheel drive Lusso T would be a no brainer.

9. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    I agree SUV and Lusso alongside makes no sense. But if they were in hurry to show a hybrid, I would guess that Lusso T is an easy one to drop some electric gear into, and then that will be the fill-in until the SUV arrives.

G. Pepper likes this.
  10. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Hybrid on 2 wheel drive is pointless so will the T become 4 wheel drive with the hybrid driving the front? If so I can imagine the price to be higher than the V12 bringing on another dilemma when choosing. Best engine in the world against best power output. For me the V12 is the heart and soul of car in a purely emotive way.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    False alarm or more to come tomorrow?

12. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    I picked one up last week. It is my transition car before my 488 arrives. I have limited seat time in the FF and Lusso V12 but have driven both. First of all, the Lusso T is a pretty awesome car. I like the look of it and the V8 is impressively torquey. Stoplight to stoplight around town is fine but where this thing absolutely shines is on the twisties. The midrange torque is explosive and passing on a 2 lane road from 60-90 mph is mind bendingly quick. There is obviously a bit more body motion and significant weight transfer in the esses but the car shrinks as the speed rises. I can even feel the 4 wheel steering carving a tidy path on the high speed turns as well as tightening the U-turn radius around town.

I am coming from a 458 and obviously, the feel is different but I am very impressed with this car. It is extremely comfortable yet still seems to possess that 'alive' and visceral feeling that Ferrari does so well. Make no mistake, this is a true Ferrari and not a consolation prize. Does the V12 sound better? Sure, but the turbo 8 sounds pretty awesome too. There is a touch of lag and full throttle upshifts are not as explosive as on the 458 but that is to be expected and totally in concert with the car. The balance is also quite lovely with the engine so low and rearward that it really seems to add grip and 'dig' out of turns. The final judge? After a half hour blast through the countryside, the jittery excitement in my hands and the smile on my face is no less than the 458. Well done Ferrari.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Plus 1 on the balance and steering, delightful !

14. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Beautiful review thanks for sharing. I love my Lusso!

15. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Love your color choice. Grays/silvers capture the body contours well. Best of luck with it. Do you plan to keep it after your 488 arrrives?

16. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    The Grigio Titanio is a gorgeous color in the sun. The metallic flecks are so large they almost look like crystals! For now the plan is to return it when the 488 comes. For various reasons, one Ferrari at a time for me. That being said, I am liking it more than I thought I would and I doubt it will be my last Lusso!

uhn2000 likes this.
  17. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Have not driven the T but I have the FF and drive the GTC4lusso as well. And as much as I LOVE my FF I could see the decrease in engine drone/noise on long trips with a v8t as well as the lightening of the steering /increase in responsiveness that comes with rear wheel drive only. One can feel the difference between 4th and 5th in the FF in terms of steering.

I’m waiting to drive one to see if the T does love up to these ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    From which dealer? Did you order it or was it a pre specced car?

19. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I believe in China there is a big tax difference for cars under 4.0 liters so it would seem the T would is specifically for that market. It may be that the T would have a lower depreciation factor in the early years but over the long term I would expect the T to sell at a much discounted factor relative to the V12. So your holding period may be a consideration. However if you are really planning to DD the Lusso, the T might be the more practical car. IMO

20. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    Pre-specced car. I think it actually might have been their demo. FCNJ.

21. MaranelloGV

MaranelloGV Karting

May 19, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Guy V
    Does it have the forged wheels in diamond/cut finish?

22. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    Yes, and they are stunning wheels. Looks nicer than the V12 rim options.

23. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    over here, the V12 is by far the most popular one with the V8Ts not selling much both used and new

24. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    the V8T is said to be roughly 20-25% more fuel efficient than the V12 and that is a lot of difference... I currently drive a California T HS and my aim for my next is either the Lusso T or the FUV... I definitely need a more practical car for everyday driving and would ideally prefer a 5 door (maybe the FUV? but depends on the costs) keeping my parents in mind... not a big fan of V12 engines yet

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  25. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Some people who have driven both prefer the V12, I have driven both, and prefer the V8T.
    I'm told V8s are outselling the V12 by quite a margin in the UK now, though I doubt Ferrari will tell us.
    Though neither are exactly volume cars.

Have commented at length but for now let's just say my V8 Lusso is waiting for my Christmas trip to our rural holiday home.
    It's fueled up.
    I will drive quickly.
    I wont fill up until well into the trip back to London after Christmas.
    Its going to piss down with rain on Friday, the car has never felt anything other than planted, lots of traction tech on there.
    The house is at the end of a dirt road, with the lift on the car has never bottomed out (so i don't need the FUV)
    I'm very excited by the forthcoming drive in my sweet handling, modern Ferrari wagon.

Seasonal best wishes to all on both sides of this (wonderful to have) difference of opinion !

Caeruleus11, KenU, bretty2901 and 2 others like this.