Lusso Homelink help | FerrariChat

Lusso Homelink help

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by shifter, Mar 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    These little buttons are beating me. I can clear codes by holding the 2 outside buttons until just before my arm falls off, then I get the rapid flash.

But I can’t make it through holding the button I want to activate and pressing the opener remote at the same time. When I go to this step, holding one of the buttons while depressing my remote opener, the flashing never changes. I tried holding the remote button solid for like 30 seconds, I also tried cycling the remote button several times. Can’t seem to record the code.

No problem in any other non F-cars with homelink.

What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
  3. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Moopz likes this.
  4. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Any time! Welcome (again) to the Lusso club!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

5. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I gave up on Ferrari Homelink long ago....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    With the repeater it's super easy. And you don't have a remote squishing the leather on the visor

7. JDT

JDT Rookie

Jul 16, 2020
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Justin
    On my F12 the only way I could get it to work was to hold my garage remote behind the homelink mirror during that step, and that ended up working for me.

8. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The repeater worked the first time, actually shaking my head at how easy that was to program.

Moopz likes this.
  9. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Follow-up, I’m giving up. Have garage remote in my car now. Though the repeater made programming easy, its temporary. I found I have to repeat the learn program cycle every 3-4 days.

10. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    That is very weird. Do you have any other buttons set up for your homelink (gate, etc.)? It has been solid with my setup (it's the second button), and my first button is my neighborhood gate. Both have been working ok. Worst case I would program all 3 buttons with the same code and see how it responds.

If you go back to the 812 homelink thread someone was able to make it work without the repeater, using the learn button on the door motor.

11. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I’m with you. For the Lusso it’s easy as it just fits in the storage thing by the cup holders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. RossoF8

RossoF8 Karting

Aug 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Reposted from the 812 Homelink thread: I got the instructions for my 2019 GTC4 Lusso off of the homelink website. First I tried option one, which is holding the homelink button down at the same time as the garage door remote control, which did not work. Then I tried option two, pushing the program button on the wall keypad, followed by repeated two-second pushes of the home link button, which also did not work. Then I went to option three, which was pushing the purple learn button on the garage door motor itself, followed by two-second pushes of the homelink button, which worked on the second push. Success!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Moopz likes this.