Luigi Chinetti NYC Ferrari Dealership 780 11th Avenue Photo | FerrariChat

Luigi Chinetti NYC Ferrari Dealership 780 11th Avenue Photo

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Ronald A. Berke, Sep 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ronald A. Berke

Oct 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Modena-Andiamo
    #1 Ronald A. Berke, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone might know where I can obtain of photo of Luigi Chinetti's NYC Ferrari dealership that was on 780 11th Avenue back in 1964.

I did ask a couple people on this forum. I am making one last inquiry.

Here's the image I took off the Webb. Thanks for any assistance you might know.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

375+ likes this.
  2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Plenty of photos in the REVS Institute in Naples/FL and The Henry Ford Museum Collection in Detroit/MI.

Marcel Massini

375+ likes this.
  3. Ronald A. Berke

Oct 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Modena-Andiamo
    Marcel,
    Thank you for noticing my request. I did find quite a few at The Henry Ford Museum Collection.
    I am still looking for this image that I found off the Webb.

Best,
    Ron

4. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

Ron, I have an original 35 mm slide of this dealership, taken sometime in the early '60s. It is shot from across the street - different view than this, and the top facade of the building is a little different too, looks better than the photo you've shown, which I have also seen before. At some point I will be having a short run/edition of high quality 8x10 or 11x14 color prints made at a specialty photo lab I use. The prints will be in framed & matted and with personally autographed plaques from Luigi Chinetti, Sr. that he signed for me back in the early 1990s. If you would like to know more, etc please feel free to send me a PM.

5. Ronald A. Berke

Oct 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Modena-Andiamo

6. Ronald A. Berke

Oct 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Modena-Andiamo
    Marshall,

I would like to know more about this. Here is another image. Is it similar to this? What would the
    8" x 10" photo cost? Or are you only selling it framed with the autograph plaque?

Best,
    Ron

Attached Files:

7. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Ron, yes it is similar to that image, and the image you show is from a recent eBay auction. I don't have any idea of cost yet; it's really just a little side project for me when I have some extra time. It will be sold matted & framed with the autographed plaque in the display as well. Not sure if I'll sell any unframed prints yet.