Ludicrous prices for pastiche cars | FerrariChat

Ludicrous prices for pastiche cars

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Bluebottle, Feb 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    This "reimagined" (pretentious, moi?!!:rolleyes:) 911 just sold for £706,000:

Another for only £15K less:

Contrast this with the prices achieved for genuine 911 Carrera RSs on the same platform:

This seems like complete madness to me.:confused::confused:

2. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    I dont get the "re imagined" craze either. Some of these Singers make a Carrera GT look like a bargain.

cnpapa24 likes this.
  3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    What is nuts for me is that, for the price of a second-hand Singer, one could have a good original 911 Carrera RS and a 964 Carrera RS, plus a decent 964 Carrera 2/4 for everyday use - my idea of Porsche heaven!:):):)

slm likes this.
  4. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Well. Some people are willing to pay for them so that's that.

BJK likes this.
  5. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    “A love letter to the 911”. (James May)

I’ve thought about it and can’t even afford one.

6. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    The Singers are on the 964 platform while the RSs are on the 911 platform.
    You can get a Singer personalized to your taste, which costs significantly more for the CGT w/ Porsche Classic. In addition, you can get it w/ AWD and Tiptronic and as a coupe. They are also available in RHD. If one lives in a market where CGTs can't be imported, the availability of 964s domestically allows them to upgrade the car feasibly. Owners buy to be part of an exclusive group and aren't afraid of driving the cars as they're not as mileage sensitive.

7. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    There are aftermarket power kits from reputable tuners (Ruf & Andial) available for the all wheel drive 993TT & 996TT which come in right and left hand drive. Additionally you can redo the exterior and interior colors and finishes. You would still not get close to the $800k number. Regardless imo, you can never compare a Singer to a CGT. 2 different planets.

Bas likes this.
  8. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    I agree Singers and CGTs aren't comparable. That's why owners often have both in their fleet. Andial is defunct but I am interested to see what Porsche does with the name, although I think Manthey is more relevant currently. RUF is similarly unavailable in parts of the world whereas Singer is available, such as Canada. However, Singers are naturally aspirated which purists prefer.