Lovin the F8 | FerrariChat

Lovin the F8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MalibuGuy, Mar 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Had to share that I am lovin the F8.
    Tight, precise, responsive, and very classy.

I know that the so-called "little brother" will replace the F8 with a smaller 6 cylinder engine, electric motors, regenerative braking and lithium batteries.

Not convinced that I would trade the F8
    for that, though. Worse engine sound (just listen to the horrible sound of the F1 cars.) and an unusable smaller Frunk.

Personally, my next dream Ferrari maybe a NA V12.

nickorette, docsuj, stavura and 10 others like this.
  2. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    That is exactly what I did, could not stomach the lack of emotion from the F8 so jumped into an 812 due to arrive next week.

Jordan68, nickorette and ryalex like this.
  3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree with you in every single point and I have driven my F8 about 100-150 feet. Nailed the classy part for sure. That was my decision to take it over a Pista.

I will not trade, regardless.

I am with you as well with the NA V12 being my next selection.

Chizz likes this.
  4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am not quite certain he said anything you may be inferring about the F8. However, that would be my next one. 812 SF. Congratulations!

5. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    They both offer very different things.

F8 is friendly and accessible. It amazes with its mix of performance and usability. An average person can drive it harder and have more fun with it IMO.

812 is none of these things. It’s unrestrainable in the wet and does not forgive any provocation in the dry. It sounds, drives and behaves like the supercar it is. Simply demands respect from its driver.

6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Agree with you!
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

xBox likes this.
  7. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Watched that many times, as I’m a strong subscriber to learning from others mistakes.

I can’t imagine provoking my 812 like that, particularly in such a confined space.

That guy paid the price, but so almost did the bystanders.

Boomhauer likes this.
  8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Lucky he didn't injure any pedestrian and/or bikers. You can tell the driver was young. I want to think he probably had traction control off. Regardless, that beast has the capability to do anything at any time with or without nannies. I am still considering it. But I will also learn to (not tame it) but learn my limits within its capabilities. The only way a driver can control a machine like Senna did, is to become one with the "macchina", a symbiotic relationship in which both benefit from each other and neither takes advantage. The moment the imbalance occurs, it becomes a parasitic relationship and bad things happen. This assuming that there are no maintenance issues or damage.

Chizz and xBox like this.
  9. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Thats perfectly correct and one thing that immediately struck me more so with the 812 than any other...... the drive is so utterly engaging that it absorbs you and fills your mind.

It’s like a beautiful dance, with the car as your partner. Given a nice piece of road, everything just clicks.

Chizz and GT2goneF like this.
  10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Can't wait! It would be my next. However, not happening yet.

Did you see this monster?
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe Forte and xBox like this.
  11. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Yes, but I’m not the biggest fan of their work tbh.

Ferrari make their cars how I like them. The added edgy brashness isn’t for me.

SVR, Chizz, MalibuGuy and 1 other person like this.
  12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I respect that. With that said, the sound is from another planet. It may be a little too loud. But I like their exhaust tune and would want it a little louder and a nicer pitch than stock.

xBox likes this.
  13. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    I was merely agreeing with what he said about the 812. No insults for the F8, just not for me. It’s an incredible daily driver the F8, but I wanted something again that became the main event every time I drove, hence the move to the 812. Apparently, from what I read and the countless YouTube videos of the 812, the reviewers are all incredibly impressed on how the car actually is able to put the power down and how accessible it really is. I guess we shall see soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT2goneF likes this.
  14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I took no offense. I have no doubt that the 812 SF will make it a totally engaging experience. Have to connect all your senses to push the car to its limits without losing control. I am sure you will enjoy it. Please share pictures when you accept delivery and share your experience. Looking forward to your input.

15. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    There is nothing like the Ferrari mid engine V8! Excellent comments about your F8!

Drson and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  16. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Always someone to bring negativity to an F8 thread...

Napoli, Chizz and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    My 488 GTB sounds AWESOME IMO . Im sure the F8 will also translate to the same sound once the the Valves and GPF can be diverted.

The F8 is an awesome car also.

I honestly believe the LB will be beautiful , much more than the SF90 but cant get my head around a V6 no mater it will have more power than the F8.

If it has an interior like the SF90 however it will be a hit especially with the new Ferrari customer.

Senna1994 and GT2goneF like this.
  18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    He never said one word about the F8 being without emotion. If you get no emotion from the F8 which is a brilliant performing drivers car, and very engaging. Just let it strut its stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    I’m biased I know but how can this car not excite every sense? I know it’s not noisy but that will be addressed. I’m sorry I think it’s a work of art and 710hp...what more do you need? Most of us will never push these cars to their limit nor would I have the balls to do it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

blkdiablo33, Drson, ChrisDiRe and 6 others like this.
  20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Youtubers. Yep, it's on the internet, so it must be true...

I am a massive fan of the 812, I make no bones about it, the 812 is my favorite modern Ferrari, but don't believe everything you hear on youtube. In some areas the F8 is a better driving car and more engaging drivers car. I'll leave you to figure this out for yourself.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Drson, Napoli and GT2goneF like this.
  21. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    this has to be TCS completely disabled?

GT2goneF likes this.
  22. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I don’t think so. I’ve noticed the 458 and even the F8 get a bit squirrelly under full acceleration. Remember, these are mid engine cars and the weight distribution changes, and it can be unnerving.

It looks like this guy panicked and overreacted (watch what he does with the steering wheel). His best course of action would have been to do nothing. If he’d held course a bit longer, TC would have kicked in. If TC was disabled, well then........

23. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    If they could combine the best aspects of the F8 with the engine of the 812....that car would sell out instantly even if priced above an SF90.

24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    With you on that

25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree. I think the same. I indeed mentioned it.