Louisville Concours at Churchill Downs | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Louisville Concours at Churchill Downs

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by kvisser, Jul 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jdmKY

jdmKY Rookie

Oct 14, 2008
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    John D. Meyers
    Ken was right on target with the 1957 SA. I had the pleasure of judging that car at another Concours last year and it is a wonderful story. Former show car for Ferrari and lovingly maintained in its original state by a long-term owner.

I concur that they did a great job for a first-time event. I had a car in the event, so had some first-hand experience with some of the inevitable "glitches" that occur, but overall a super field of cars at a unique location.

2. outofpocket

outofpocket Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2007
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    GD
    PM is for you

3. Beancooker

Beancooker Rookie

Oct 9, 2008
    Rain City
    Full Name:
    Noah
    #153 Beancooker, Oct 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
  5. jmahanes

jmahanes Rookie

Oct 7, 2008
    Hi guys,

I promised to let you guys know when pics of the winners are posted on the Louisville Concours website....well they're up (just the crystal trophies, however).

Along with going through and cataloging litterally THOUSANDS of photos (thanks Ken, Brian and others).....I did a total redesign on the site which took a while to complete. Let me know what you all think.

www.concourslouisville.com

Also....doing an informal poll on this:

It's been suggested that Ferrari be one of our featured marques each year (with others changing of course), because of the natural tie-in with Churchill's horses and Ferrari's Prancing Horse.

Would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this.....

Thanks,

Jim Mahanes
    Louisville Concours d'Elegance

6. Pars

Pars Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2006
    KY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Jim,

The new website looks great :D Nicely done. I did notice that the car nomination link was a broken link when I tried to click it.

I really like the idea of having Ferraris be one of the featured marques so long as there is enough participation that you get a variety of different Ferraris there each year. It could get a bit repetitive if it is always the same ones on display. That is the only drawback I could think of.

7. MiamiViceFerrari

BANNED

Oct 7, 2008
    Miami/Chicago/NYC
    There are some good pictures from the show on the Indigo Classics website as well

8. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    I LOVE it! But I could be biased, since some of my shots are on that site now :)

I have to agree with Pars on the Ferrari issue - it *could* get repetative. But then again, I am not impressed with Cadillac or Jag being the feature (aka - Lexington Concours). It would be nice to have extraordinary marques each time, perhaps not Ferrari. I don't know... it's a tough call for sure!!!

9. jmahanes

jmahanes Rookie

Oct 7, 2008
    Thanks Wingman.....yeah, your shots are the SH*@...as are Pars and the others. By the way, I have roughly 3,000 photos from event given to me by various people. Obviously some are better than others, and the get a little redundant, but going through them all and cataloging them as to the make, model and owners has been a real undertaking.

If we did the Ferrari thing...it certainly wouldn't be the only marque, nor would it be the "Featured Marque" but rather a secondary or special class or trophy....and all this is just thoughts off the top of our collective heads right now.

The Churchill Downs brass really got off on handing out that award and, like I said, it's just such a perfect tie in with all the horse imagary.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

Everyone mark your calendars for next year: Oct. 3 & 4, 2009. I think we're really going to try and have an area on the infield for clubs, and other non-judged cars to park. That's my hope anyway...we'll see what Churchill has to say about it.

~ Jim

10. Pars

Pars Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2006
    KY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Wingfeather is right, some of the other featured Marques aren't always as "interesting" as Ferraris.

I think that you could definitely keep Ferrari as a marque for next year or maybe even the next few. If it seems to be getting repetitive, you can always re-evaluate then. I think for the 2nd year, you will definitely get some nice Ferraris in attendance that weren't there this year. Word of mouth is definitely spreading and I think interest in the 2nd year show will be greater than this year's. Plus, it is a great tie in and Ferraris do always draw a crowd :)