Looks like I'm a new owner | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Looks like I'm a new owner

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by godabitibi, Feb 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    The cosmos is telling you to walk away.

I think you should listen to what it's saying.

2. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Still have no money back in my bank account yet. After two months, no car and no money :(
    It look like I may have to drive to NJ. I hope not!

3. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    Wow, this is bad, not to mention the stress everyday . I would at least expect the money to be back to you in a day or two.

4. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Spoke to one of the owner of Import 1 motorsport yesterday but not the one with who I made the deal and sent the money. But anyway at least this guy called me back. They are both in a very bad period, financially it could be better and the business just got in a fire and 40 cars were inside and damaged byy smoke and water.

Robert told me I'm not forgotten or put aside and he thinks about me but I'm on a waiting list. He said they will take care of my case but I need to be patient. He said they are honnest person and told me to call whenever I want to get news and he will answer my calls or return a message.

Well...... let's hope he is what he said! But I will not count on my money for my budget :(

5. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    ?!?!?!

Where is the car? They don't have your money? I thought the seller was a private owner?

Can I help?

Regards,

Art S.

6. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    The car is I guess at the other partner's place, Tom. I did all the transaction with Tom as a private party but the bill of sale came from Import 1 motorsport and the title was also under this business name. I have a good part of my money back.

I don't know if there is anything you can do! But if you can.....

7. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Well, in my current state of health, I'm not going to be very menacing ;) However, I'm not too far from the guy's house or his business (the two locations are about 40 minutes apart - I just looked up the company).

Regards,

Art S.

8. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    How convenient for someone in financial trouble

9. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Well, if "your" car wasn't in the fire, then at this point maybe it's easier for you to just go get the car....

10. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    The car has been refunded, I won't get it anymore and doesn't want it anymore. I'm just missing some of my money back.

In fact this car and the story about it cooled me down a lot and made my Ferrari passion kind of faded. To the point of thinking of getting rid of the old 308 too. I bought a 2007 C6 convertible and still have my old 1980 vette being painted now and my new passion for my helicopter is keeping me busy and motivated.

11. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Yes I know! But I try to believe there are still some honest people and that all this is true.

12. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Art, if you have spare time and want to take a ride over there I think it would help if they know I have someone around taking information about what is happening. If you see one of them please just explain calmly that you are having a look for me and I understand their situation and will be waiting their promess patiently.

And wish them good luck!

13. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    PM me some details and I will try to do so within the next few days.

Regards,

Art S.

14. Choptop400

Choptop400 Karting

Oct 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Full Name:
    Frank L Caponi
    I am on the road traveling in north Jersey all the time. I am also in the insurance business, selling insurance to car dealers and shops. Nothing for me to walk into one of these places. Most likely if I do not now this shop, I know someone who does. I tried to look up on Google and Bing, no hits under their name Import 1 Motorsport.

Anyone have a link so that I can track down and see if I can lend a helping hand. We do not want are friend and future Ferrari owner from the Great White North think we would let him down.

15. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest