Wanted - Looking or high mileage ferrar’s | FerrariChat

Wanted Looking or high mileage ferrar’s

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Nyackdon, Jul 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nyackdon

Nyackdon Rookie

Feb 17, 2018
    Nyack ny
    Full Name:
    Donald Williams
    Hi guys I’m looking for high mileage Ferrari
    Would like for something under 20k maybe
    Just trying let me know what you have even if it’s over. we can work something out.

2. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    High mileage = under 20k?

pchop and Racer_X like this.
  3. Nyackdon

Nyackdon Rookie

Feb 17, 2018
    Nyack ny
    Full Name:
    Donald Williams
    Price under 20k

4. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I hope you find two cause I'll take one.

5. NaO

NaO Karting

Apr 23, 2017
    Maybe a non running, salvage title, cosmetically damaged 348 with 105,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

psych0hans likes this.
  6. Kokose7en

Kokose7en Karting

Dec 5, 2019
    SF Bay Area
    If you find a third. I’ll buy that one. I don’t care if it is over a quarter million miles either. $20k is a great buy for a well ridden prancing horse.

7. Kokose7en

Kokose7en Karting

Dec 5, 2019
    SF Bay Area
    A 308GTSi and a Mondial 8 would be the closest to this price. It should be attainable close to your budget, with clean title and high mileage. Unless your looking for newer?

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I checked on Classic Autotrader the cheapest is a 29k mondial so maybe 27k post negotiation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I paid $10K for my '82 Mondial 8.

26K miles. Major done (600 miles on the major, but 5 years had passed, so I did another LOL)

Deals ARE out there...just a bit of a needle in a haystack to most.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ralfabco and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Prívate party i assume?

psych0hans and 19633500GT like this.
  11. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

I'm just as confused as you are....:rolleyes::p

12. BLAMPEE

BAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOMGRUSERIOUS??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

We need an age-verification process for this website......:rolleyes:

RWP137, pchop and albert328gts like this.
  13. Nyackdon

Nyackdon Rookie

Feb 17, 2018
    Nyack ny
    Full Name:
    Donald Williams
    What’s the problem I just put it out there and you would be surprised that there is some I’ve come a crossed a few already it’s not my fault you didn’t try to look for one cheaper at first

Vipmn1 likes this.
  14. Nyackdon

Nyackdon Rookie

Feb 17, 2018
    Nyack ny
    Full Name:
    Donald Williams
    And it does not have to be a clean title it could as well. Be a salvage. I just missed out on a 2000 456 gt out of Colorado with 60k miles and a clean title they were only asking 32k for so I’m trying for under $20k if there is none on here I could always raise my budget

Vipmn1 likes this.
  15. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I think it's just that this is a "Ferrari Forum" - Ferraris under $20,000 - that can be driven?!? - are a pretty darn rare commodity. And on the rare occasion when they are found, the cost to properly refurb can be very steep.

That's the reason for the somewhat negative responses.

Not saying they can't be found - but there's really nothing more expensive than a cheap Ferrari.

Jedi

Vipmn1, randkin and rocket50 like this.
  16. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'm more curious what your maintenance budget might be.

BLAMPEE and Jedi like this.
  17. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    If I were you I'd bump my budget to 30k as then you'll have a few more choices.

BLAMPEE likes this.
  18. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Indeed!

Just as my own personal "data point" - I'm not an F-Wrench guy - I have to pay people with that skill set. $4000 to $7000 every three years for a 328 is not out of the realm of "realistic" - plus those little "gotchas" that come along.

But that's starting with a car in pretty decent shape to start with (I paid $44,500 during a "down market")

For a trashed out sub-$20k Ferrari, the initial cost to get "road ready" in my thinking could easily double the purchase price.

OBVIOUSLY the "DIY" mechanics will save a TON - but those having to hire it out (me!) my numbers, at least for a 1986 328GTS, are from my own life experience.

Jedi

Natkingcolebasket69 and BLAMPEE like this.
  19. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    There have been a few good responses. I think $30k is more doable, a $20k car would seem to be a deferred maintenance nightmare. Why base your decision only price? Why would you want a car no one else wanted which would likely be the case at that price. If it is a strict budget matter, suggest you wait until you have a bit more $$$ so have a chance of finding a car that is not going to kill you on maintenance. Even if you do your own wrenching the OEM parts are expensive and may be hard to find.:rolleyes:

BLAMPEE likes this.
  20. BLAMPEE

$32k is not even close to $20k--it's more than 50% of an increase!

21. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    I believe I hold the record for cheapest Ferrari at 5k, shame it needs everything, literally

22. Nyackdon

Nyackdon Rookie

Feb 17, 2018
    Nyack ny
    Full Name:
    Donald Williams
    I understand and every one is right but I want to try and see if I could accomplish it first I can’t do it then I would have to go up to $30k in which I know a few I can pick up but I’m just taking a shot and just so every one understands yes it is going to be hard and it is rare but they are out there and they are attainable

Vipmn1 likes this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Now maybe for 25k u get this!

24. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Maybe equal cheapest - a friend of mine got a nice 412 convertible for $5k about 5 years ago.

Of course, going back a few decades, $20k would have got you at least one 250 GTO.

25. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    $20k is a bit of a stretch, but $30k is certainly doable. The thing to keep in mind too is that this is a Ferrari, not a mass produced car. R&D on models in your price range wasn't the best. They are designed to look pretty and go fast. Longevity wasn't the primary concern. Things are going to break. A lot more than the usual car. Parts will be a lot more expensive than the usual car. If you can't DIY, labor will be much more expensive than the usual car. I'm not trying to say give up on a Ferrari, but I want you to know what you are getting into. I bought a "cheap ferrari" 360 and I am constantly fixing things. Parts don't last forever and that is only a 20 year old car. I've dumped easily $5k+ in the past 2 1/2 years on it just in parts. Thankfully I can DIY. It would cost tens of thousands to have paid someone to install those parts.... I don't know your situation, but these are things to be aware of. Best of luck.

Nyackdon, randkin and firsttimef1 like this.