Looking For Private Austin Country Club Membership | FerrariChat

Looking For Private Austin Country Club Membership

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ADON, Oct 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ADON

ADON Formula 3

Feb 8, 2007
    #1 ADON, Oct 24, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
    I'm looking for an entry level type membership to a country club around Austin. Something between Mopac and Lakeway. I looked at Grey Rock (public) and they gave me a free round. I liked the course and all, but I decided private is the way to go if you're going to get a membership. Grey Rock was $4500/$250 month. That's pretty stiff for a public course. I looked into Lost Creek. It's only $11,000/$350 and it's a equity membership, BUT I have heard the fairways are real narrow. I like big forgiving fairways to grip it and rip it. It's close to my house though which is a bonus. I'm going to look at River Place Country Club on 2222 near 620 this week. It's priced well at $12,000 and looks nice. This is about the range I'm looking at. I would love a membership at UT or Barton Creek, but they currently out of my price range. I talked to UT (in Steiner Ranch) it's $35,000/$350. I don't know what Barton Creek costs.

Someone mentioned Balcones. You can get a cheap membership for $150.00. It might as well be public at that price. Not what I'm interested in.

Anyone know of some other private clubs that are nice, but not too pricey between downtown and the lake?

Also if anyone knows someone that's selling one at a decent price, let me know. Being the stock market is taking a dump daily now and it being winter, I figure someone somewhere is looking to unload ASAP.

2. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Barton Creek was $50k back in 2000 when I joined. You should look at Barton Creek Lakeside out on Lake Travis, they have seperate memberships there and it is a nice course. Always less croweded that Barton Creek.

3. ADON

ADON Formula 3

Feb 8, 2007

Thanks.

Barton Creek is crowded? I figured at that price it would be one of the least crowded. Is is because they just have lots of members or are they a bunch of players from the resort?

4. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I did not like it at all. You share the courses with the resort guests so it is always busy.

5. gt500blue

gt500blue Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    GT
    I'm a member at Twin Creeks in Cedar Park. It's a Fred Couples design and very nice hill country views and course.

The same company that owns Twin Creeks also owns River Place, Onion Creek and the Domain in San Antonio. You get a private course with reciprical memberships at all other course. 15K to join and 350/month. Really a nice deal.

Let me know and I can take you out as a guest if you wish!

GT

6. gt500blue

gt500blue Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    GT
    Also, I have friend that is moving and may have to resign from the club. He's on the list to get out, but that will take years to get enough people to replace him due to the rules of membership.

I would assume he would be willing to cut you a deal of sorts because he can resign if he brings his own replacement. So, if you are interested, work with me and we can help my friend and probably save you some money at the same time. Bugt if you tell Twin Creeks that you are interested in a membership without his referral, he will not get to use you as his replacement.

7. ADON

ADON Formula 3

Feb 8, 2007
    Twin Creeks looks nice, but it's a little farther out than I'm looking for. It's almost in Leander. I will keep it in mind though.

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Cedar Parks really not that far...I used to launch my boat there...it's out the lake a little, you do lose some of the crowds...

9. ADON

ADON Formula 3

Feb 8, 2007
    I may look at it. I went and talked to Park Place today. I'm going to play there next week and see what I think.

10. iamthesimpleone

iamthesimpleone Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Ben
    i used to date the daughter of the current president of the austin country club. i can get you in touch with him, if interested, as it is by invite only.
    -ben

11. cajunairman

cajunairman Rookie

Jul 27, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff Mosing
    I don't play golf but I am a member at Lost Creek for the Tennis. I have a friend that I play Tennis with that I could put you in touch with. He is an avid golfer and could give you the pluses and minuses to joining. The food is REALLY good too.

Jeff

12. ADON

ADON Formula 3

Feb 8, 2007

Is Twin Creeks public or private? I thought it was private, but their website is advertising discount tee times, and other golf packages on it.