looking for info and views, etc on rebodies, where to source parts and a body etc | FerrariChat

looking for info and views, etc on rebodies, where to source parts and a body etc

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by FLORIDAsnakeEyes, Nov 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    So for curious sake, and interest..

poking around at the feasible plan (planning at this point: really nothing more!)
    of creating a very accurate 63' Lusso.

I know of solid buck maker and 2 reputable builders that could make the body.

My main question is this, is there anyone out there already doing this specific car?

I have googled etc. so this is my starting bid at info.

2. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    #2 FLORIDAsnakeEyes, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    well, no one wants to chime in.. I did find this in my travels on the net today.

:: Pagano - sports cars ::

they sell a mondial 1:1 body, exact from what I have read about the gentleman. Of course everything else they sell with it is non original. But body was pulled direct.

I am throwing this out there because I think the intent is interesting, and there seems to be only a handful that are doing this kind of thing.

3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    OK, I'll "chime in". I don't have much experience with "replicated" vintage cars, but to me the car in the link apperas to have very little, if anything in common with any Mondial (assuming reference is to 1950s Ferrari models) I've seen.
    As to "creating a very accurate 63' Lusso" and depending on your definition of "accurate", I would imagine budgeting $500K+ might be a good start, but then again a real one can probably be found for 1.?M.