Looking at a 308 100k miles | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Looking at a 308 100k miles

Discussion in '308/328' started by Imatk, Jul 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Harry-SZ

Harry-SZ F1 Rookie

Like others have already said, the condition is more important than the mileage.
    If these cars have been serviced and maintained correctly, the mileage is not a big issue. Also I think that 33K is very cheap for a 308 that can actually be driven.

In Europe they have the same discussions about cars with 100K km's on them (so around 60K miles). Also nonsense.

I also work on my 308 GTB QV. Did the valve adjustment myself over the winter and had never done it before. Did it with engine in the car and did not remove the hood. Just be patient with jobs like that and it will work out fine.

2. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    PF 308 front bank valve adjust with the hood on - - Bravo!! Cleaning the gasket surfaces must have been some job.

Anything more than oil, spark plugs, timing or air filter is just is too much of a pain to deal with for me. After the car is sorted, it doesn't need to much more than that fortunately. Also, after a couple of times, rear deck removal gets easier. ie. Having a safe place set up to gingerly set it down, paint protection when re-fitting, alignment and relative hinge positioning all gets done a few minutes. Also, the front bank distributor on the twin dizzy setup is actually easier access than the rear when the deck is off.

3. Harry-SZ

Harry-SZ F1 Rookie

The rear hood is pretty heavy and refitting it is a 2 man job, so I rather leave it in place. I know it is simple and easy on Vetroresina's, but mine is steel.
    For the valve adjustment I was sitting on my knees in the boot and leaning over the engine :). Small mirrors help a lot.

But these things are only needed every X years (depending on how much you drive the car of course), so not a big issue.