Look at this replica!!!! | FerrariChat

Look at this replica!!!!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by redjeeper, May 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redjeeper

redjeeper Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Flowood, MS
    Full Name:
    Anthony Griffin
    Ususally I would agree with everyone that replicas are a waste of money but this guy has obviously put a lot of time and money into his projects. I really can't tell the difference between it and the real car.

www.lambobuilder.com

2. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #2 writerguy, May 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    PUT DOWN THE PIPE

Only that the real thing is around a foot wider... Seriously the guy makes some good replica's but christ.... I can't tell the difference either... :rolleyes:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. tw1nturb0

tw1nturb0 Karting

Feb 2, 2004
    closest one yet. nice craftsmanship. very nice.Still not a lambo. If I were to spend $98,500 on this replica, I sure as hell would be looking to spend that on a used Lambo.

4. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    They look good and i could possibly be fooled by one, but then again i dont know much about lambos, someone like 6.0SE would probably spot something straightaway.

5. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I guess this applies to me then?

6. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    I've visited this site here and there to see the progress.. He is dealing with a good replica company and it shows..

But I must agree.. For the amount you spend when all is said and done, Get a F355.. Now that makes sense..

7. CTEV2

CTEV2 Karting

Feb 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Charlie Thomas
    #7 CTEV2, May 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. ninyo

ninyo Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    I just don't understand why you would build OR buy a thing like this. Can someone explain this?

9. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Was that Allan Lambo I saw in the backround of one of those pictures? ;)

10. Boston 7777

Boston 7777 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    some people love that stuff. I think those people need to go to finishing school.. to refine their tastes

11. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    and the point would be?

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes possibly well built. I'm not sure of the structure rigidity of the car though, as he seems to be hacking away at this and that, and adding this and that all for looks.

Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper just to get a kit with a spaceframe chassis and add the mechanicals ... like Countach replicas made in New Zealand.

Pete

13. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    The black roadster was based on a kit made by D&R I think. D&R sculpted their bodies and are easy to spot the differences. His new web site has finished pics of a 6.0 replica. http://www.lambobuilder.com/edb/ The body is supplied by a company that made molds off a real 6.0. They even make a replica chassis that is accurate down to every angle. I got tired of waiting for back ordered parts and the 'exotic experience'. So I decided to make my own car (NAERC 6.0). I intend to track it but it will be street legal as well. The majority of kit cars are junk. But the internet has allowed the cream to rise to the top so they say. If you are ging to build a street/race car, why not make something that looks good? Go to www.lambolounge.com click on links, then Carslile 2004. The blue roadster is made by the same people who are making my body and did the replica chassis for me. Sure its a replica but nothing says hack or fake. I wanted a fun car that I can drive the hell out of without feeling guilty about abusing the clutch. When its finished ill get the next car on my list (88-89TR no replica). I could have bought a 80-95K Diablo, but I want to drive the tires off my cars. Ill keep the TR in its dust bag and start it every other weekend.

14. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Thank you.I can barely type when it comes to talking about repli....,replic....repl.... ........FAKES.At least the people that do the fake handbags make them look right,and you dont have to drive them.

15. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    ----looks at the Caddy w/ Delorean doors and gold rims----

LOL

ROFLMFAO

That has to be the DUMBEST thing I have ever seen, good God, I feel sorry for the person driving that thing.