Living the Ferrari Lifestyle in Central Michigan | FerrariChat

Living the Ferrari Lifestyle in Central Michigan

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by tomc, Sep 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Just visited Lansing on biz. Had a great time. There's a remote possibility of a move here in the future. Any advice on being a Ferrari owner in central Michigan? What's the ownership/service experience like at Caulley? Independent Ferrari service to recommend in central MI? Active FCA chapters? Any advice, here or via PM, is greatly appreciated.

Since I own a Porsche as well (2011 S), any similar advice would also be welcome…T

2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Been dealing with Cauley Ferrari for as long as they've been in business @ 14 yrs. Bought 4 Ferraris from them and have used their service department exclusively.
    They are the only ones I trust my cars with.
    For older Ferraris there are several independent guys that are good as well.
    Terry Muir is no longer, however. But that's another story.
    There is an active FCA membership in the Detroit area. I know it's an hr from Lansing, but there are some great gatherings and drives. Join the club and you can join in.

3. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ Thanks, John. I was also checking a recent thread about the Cauley renovation. Sounds exciting...T

4. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    They oughta have a brick in the wall with my name on it for the business I've given them ;)
    But they're the ones that know the brand.

5. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Concur regarding Cauley. PCA group is active, especially Rally Sport. Local Porsche dealer in Lansing but I get my Porsche work performed at Rennstadt Racing for Turbo S and track Cayman S

6. cayman13

cayman13 Karting

Nov 18, 2014
    Last year, I bought my scud from Cauley and had it shipped to Philly. It was one of the best buying experiences and Aaron Bambach their sales person was terrific. I hear from my local dealership folks that Cauley is one of the respected ones.

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ This all sounds great. Thank you, everyone...T

8. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Cauley is fantastic, great people and very knowledgable. I do the Michigan FCA drives and everyone is really great. Good drivers, lots of fun. Watch this thread for future drives!

9. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Not to much outside of detroit.
    We have a handfull of us in kalamazoo that get together from time to time.