Live CCR App: Race Monitor | FerrariChat

Live CCR App: Race Monitor

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by johnhoughtaling, Apr 9, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    For all CCR members, teams, CCR bench racers and fans, CCR will have an iPhone and smart phone App. for live timing and scoring off all sessions, qualifying and races.

For Daytona: Please visit*http://www.race-monitor.com/*for more info.* You will need to install this/buy app ahead of time for your smart-phones and computers.* We will provide the IP address and Port # once we get it up and running.*

2. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    John, please see if the T&S folks can put the feed on the web (Race Monitor Relaying) so people away from the track can see it.

The way it is now, the people that want to see the feed need to be on the same wireless network and at the event.

Thanks!

3. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
    John, that is great news.

Fingers crossed, that it will be "live" and reliable so we will have real-time data, especially during qualifying.

Thanks!!!

Mark

4. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    I will pass the advice back on to Kim.

We are going to try to interface this to the website. We are also exploring having our own programs written in the future.

I think this is a fantastic feature and we will work it out.

5. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    It's a great feature!

Mark, you'll be able to be on pit lane and see everything real-time. But the phone has to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network that the timing and scoring application is on in T&S.

Kim knows how to do it. Blow her a kiss for me! :D

6. Paul430c

Paul430c Karting

May 26, 2004
    Virginia
    I think the app is a great idea and I'm buying it now. Since I'm not at the Daytona event and I believe the app is for the local network at this time, I hope someone can post a few results each day of the Daytona event!

7. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Posting results on www.mylaps.com after the event would also help promote the series

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    It is possible to your publish your event's real-time data to the app's server so anyone can see lap times real time, sort by fastest lap, etc.

Contact the app developer, he is responsive to series' and i dont think any cost to them. Just have to know what server to send it to.

I've used it real-time at three events where I was connected to my cell phone's 3g or 4g connection, not local wifi.