Limited Edition Cars | Page 2 | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
    5 cars won't get you the LaF replacement--two examples come to mind

1. David Lee--I don't believe he was offered a LaF; he had to buy secondhand, he has a very impressive collection

2. Brooks from Dragtimes has certainly bought more than 5 Ferrari's in the time I've watched his channel, wasn't even offered the 812C

I vaguely remember Ed Bolian (Vin Wiki) giving similar advice of recommending to order 5 cars fully specced and thinking he was being optimistic...

good luck!

Thecadster likes this.
  2. NewFerrariOwner

Feb 17, 2019
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    This is something I'm considering and paying the extra over and just getting it with delivery mileage which seems like the most logical practice at this point after reading and hearing everyone's thoughts.
    This is correct, I'm probably just going to be buying the car from a authorized buyer.
    Yeah, I watched those videos and considering everything (after speaking with a dealer yesterday) to even get near where I need to be, they recommended the following:

Buy 5-6+ cars, put an EOI for a FXXK racecar as it's directly with the factory and go to the meetups in Australia and around the world to get my name out there (basically investing in Ferrari as a long-term partner). The love of buying and driving new cars to my liking vs buying someone else's spec and getting it "cheaper" per say. Although, to your comment, they did say that you need to hold onto your cars at the time to be offered, you can't buy 1 or 2 cars and then trade it in to buy another and you in theory have 3 cars it's holding 5-6+ cars in your garage at one time or moving forward to be considered loyal to the brand.

3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    If you are serious about buying a 250GTO then do so immediately. By the time the LaF replacement comes out you can sell the GTO and buy the replacement secondhand free with the profit. Do both through a dealer and you'll get credit for a GTO and an Laf replacement in two years and not have paid a penny plus you'll maybe make upwards of a million on the sale of the Laf replacement. Use that money for the FXXK, go racing and you will have a nice start at VIP.

Keep in mind though, my dealer had a buyer that purchased 13 cars in 12 months keeping all of them. He had a 599GTO, the latest Aventador and a $2.2M super low mileage Enzo in delivery condition all getting prepped at the dealer. Lots of money out there and not a lot of Ferrari hypercar slots.

4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Another famous, or infamous, ban was on Preston Henn. I don't know the reason, but he had a huge collection of Ferraris and they wouldn't sell him a LAF Aperta.

5. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
    If I recall correctly, Paul--he sued them!

Nospinzone likes this.
  6. NewFerrariOwner

Feb 17, 2019
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    It isn't through a dealer, it's a private sale.

7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Still counts to own such an iconic Ferrari. Really, most would strive to end their quest with one and you are in a position to start there. Bravo.