Lime Rock Ferrari Challenge + FChat | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Lime Rock Ferrari Challenge + FChat

Discussion in 'New England' started by BAD360, May 15, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BAD360

BAD360 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2004
    Albany/Colonie NY
    Full Name:
    Brett
    #76 BAD360, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As and ye shall receive =)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #77 UConn Husky, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
    Wow, there's a penalty for being with Fchat...and a penalty for buying early? Hopefully it's a typo on their part...

3. carguy70

carguy70 Rookie

Jul 26, 2011
    No typo- thats what I paid yesterday ($55+processing fee)

4. speedy pete

speedy pete Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    darkside of the moon
    Full Name:
    Pete B
    Anybody got a extra ticket to the carol. I'm a little tardy to the party.

5. speedy pete

speedy pete Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    darkside of the moon
    Full Name:
    Pete B
    #80 speedy pete, Jul 28, 2011
    Just got a ticket....they will leave them at Will Call because there's no time to mail them. Cool...I get to show you all my black/tan spider..lowered/balck wheels/Fabspeed....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. BAD360

BAD360 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2004
    Albany/Colonie NY
    Full Name:
    Brett
    First off, Speedy - that thing is gorgeous. Cant wait to get some pictures in person.

Ok so I got some clarification to the ticketing prices. Here is the breakdown.

Normal advanced tickets are
    $30 if purchased > a week in advance to event
    $45 if purchased < a week in advance to event

Paddock/Corral Parking:
    $45 if purchased > a week in advance to event
    $60 if purchased < a week in advance to event

So the original $40 ticket purchased by some was $5 of the Paddock/Corral Price not the standard ticket gate price

When I had the original discussion with them, Corral/Paddock pricing was never mentioned, just that it was a discount from the ticket price.

So it seems that the $55 price is legitimate based on their standard procedure. However it would have been nice to know about the time limitations in advance. As coordinator, I'll take the blame for not getting that detail in print, so please dont hold anything against the LRP staff. They have been very good to work with minus this small mis-understanding.

Regardless, this is going to be a great time. Heres looking fwd to nice weather, great cars, a historic venue and new acquaintances!

7. wickedated

wickedated Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Hi everyone,

I'm also a little late to sign up but I got my corral tickets (paid $60) so I'm hoping I can get to park my car with you guys. Will be bringing my Challenge Stradale to the party. Let's do this!

8. Stefan_009

Stefan_009 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston area, MA
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    Today was spectacular. Huge thank you to anyone involved and everybody who brought their Ferrari out today.

9. SlickMurphy

SlickMurphy Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Essex
    Full Name:
    David
    That was an incredible event! The cars, the racing and the tifosi were all top notch. Also, the pace and sound of those 458's swallowing that front straight was spine tingling. But, IMHO I thought that they were the runner up to that blue Daytona running fully unleashed.

Fantastic, just fantastic.

David

10. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Great show bad360 it was a fun day. Thanks for working the deal with LRP. Great turnout of fchat members and their cars. I enjoyed meeting some of the folks. By the way I was in the RED car , LOL

11. shutterspeed

shutterspeed Karting

Aug 18, 2010
    CT
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    That Daytona was insane. Easily the loudest car I've ever heard in my life. And it was pretty quick

12. BAD360

BAD360 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2004
    Albany/Colonie NY
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Thanks to everyone who came out this past Saturday. When I spoke to LRP we had a total of 36+ members just from FChat, when I first pitched this they said they would be happy with around 15 - 20 haha.

Between the corral and the Nikon school I was all over the place, but it was great meeting those of you that I managed to catch, and apologies to anyone that I missed.

On Friday I confirmed that we had our own corral and that everyone would have access. Saturday morning I think the staff got overwhelmed and decided everyone with a Ferrari (and only a Ferrari) was parking in the paddock regardless of affiliation, which prevented some members from being able to join in. I would like to correct this for next year, as well as making it easier to identify fellow members.

If we could keep this thread going, I would love some feedback for 2012. I'll start...

Improvements
    - Dedicated FChat parking section
    - Coordinated effort with dealerships
    - More Ferrari's!

13. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #89 UConn Husky, Jul 31, 2011
  14. carguy70

carguy70 Rookie

Jul 26, 2011
    Yes, great day out, great cars, and you can't beat that "parade lap"!

15. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    It looks a bit empty.

Was it?

16. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I was actually very impressed with the attendance. Outfield was near empty but the Infield was a swarm. Not ALMS or ROLEX but much larger than Historical's or empire region stuff...

17. stevel48

stevel48 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2005
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Steve (85 308 Owner)
    It was a pretty good turn out of owners and their cars but it was missing many of the old historics that would come out in the past. The crowds were OK but still not as large as they were in the past.

18. BAD360

BAD360 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2004
    Albany/Colonie NY
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Yes, not sure what happened to the historic class. Used to have some 250's and at least 1 333sp running around (although the F40 LM was certainly nice). Also missing a few Enzo's from previous years.

Maybe those owners are not as heavily concentrated in the NE or had conflicting events?

At any rate, it was a great time in the paddock.

19. Blackjack1979

Blackjack1979 Rookie

Aug 1, 2011
    Manchester, CT
  20. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    #97 Papa G, Aug 1, 2011
  21. carguy70

carguy70 Rookie

Jul 26, 2011
    Did anyone make a video of the parade lap you could post or email? Inside the car you don't get the same experience of all the engine sounds so it would be nice to hear what it sounded and looked like.

22. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I found three videos on youtube which show the parade lap, all overlooking the esses.

Haven't seen anything of the downhill into the straight which would be interesting -- We were all pouring it on coming out of the apex, I got a nice full throttle wind up to 7K in third and fourth coming out of there each time, and everyone around me seemed to have the same idea. Definitely a lot of smiles.

Some of these contain mixed footage of the racing as well, but all contain parade footage.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUEthC2iT1A[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8JourXIq9E[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i-wdpdkLlU[/ame]

Note: The dialogue in the last one starting around 3:50 is pretty good. "If I become the CEO of the friggin' bank..." But I don't know about the economic merit of mortgaging the house to buy one as she later suggests!

23. BAD360

BAD360 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2004
    Albany/Colonie NY
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Cool clips, thanks for posting.

I realized that I have not heard anyone mention anything about the raffle tickets.

- Were these offered at any point when you came into the park, if so what $?

- How were the winners called down to do the hot laps ?