Lime Rock Ferrari Challenge + FChat | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Lime Rock Ferrari Challenge + FChat

Discussion in 'New England' started by BAD360, May 15, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BAD360

BAD360 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2004
    Albany/Colonie NY
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Right - FChat will have its own section, hot laps etc. I saw a few other dealers have their own stuff set up. I am trying to work out a deal with one specifically for some additional collaboration with us. Will keep this thread updated

2. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Hot laps....really? I didn't by a ticket because I hold a season pass to the track. I figured the parade laps would be highly controlled due to the sanctioned race. Been on semi hot laps at Limerock during the Empire region meets but generally speaking, parade laps during sanctioned events are just that...limited by pace car to 40 MPH or less and usually just one lap.

3. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    40????? I was following you on a certain parade lap at LRP as I remember. Saw 3 digits more than one time, lol. More than one lap as I remember too.

4. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Yeah...those were at Empire Region. It was 5 laps and was magnificent. I fear these "parade laps are going to be more like the Miata laps during ALMS....Ho hum...

5. BAD360

BAD360 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2004
    Albany/Colonie NY
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Ok, my mistake. I should have clarified better...hot laps will be part of an FChat specific raffle NOT done in personal cars. Parade laps however WILL be done in personal rides.

As cool as it would be to do hot laps in personal rides, thats turning into more of a track day than this event is going to allow haha. Sorry for the mis-understanding

6. BAD360

BAD360 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2004
    Albany/Colonie NY
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Ho Hum? Hmm maybe you had some jet lagged drivers that day /;-)...The hot laps I did in the spring were in Miatas but they were well into the triple digits and they were on the edge of adhesion the whole time. Anything but Ho Hum

7. shutterspeed

shutterspeed Karting

Aug 18, 2010
    CT
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'll be there taking pictures so if anyone would like shots of their car just contact me

8. 430Pat

430Pat Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    Conn./West Palm
    Full Name:
    Pat
    I would like photos I will be there with a silver 430

9. Stefan_009

Stefan_009 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston area, MA
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    There will be plenty I am sure, I'll be there taking pics aswell. I'm looking forward to next week!

10. stevel48

stevel48 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2005
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Steve (85 308 Owner)
    #60 stevel48, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #61 Saint Bastage, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
    Your miss understanding me. The "parade laps" at ALMS were performed by corral entrants using personal Miata's with passengers waving to the crowd at about 40 MPH, very ho humm. "Hot Laps" are at nearly what ever speed you feel comfortable with and should be performed with Helmets and race gear. I am referencing parade laps performed where we were instructed to keep it under 40 but a pace car was on track at a much higher clip. We slowed dramatically and "caught up" to the parade at triple digits. They were "supposed" to be parade laps but we took advantage. Highly doubtful that will be allowed during the challenge. To be honest, I doubt it was allowed that day either, we just got away with it.

12. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    pssssst! *I think Lime Rock might be watching this thread* shhhhhh! ;)

13. chriskopin

chriskopin Rookie

Sep 27, 2010
    Branchburg, NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris Kopin
    I was there two weeks ago, camping inside the track for the ALMS series races and IMO there is no better track for up close and personal racing action. The Paddock areas are never off limits to spectators...great picture taking if that's your thing. I will be there with an old 1983 Euro 308 QV so hopefully it won't stink up the event.

14. elpadrino

elpadrino Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2005
    Bogota NJ
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    Buying Tickets tomorrow ! Looking forward to having a chance to meet some people and check out the action.

15. noodle

noodle Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Ct
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Who's meeting in GB on Saturday? What time?

Eric

16. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I guess the plan is to meet up at the driving range with Lane at 8:45-9:00, so lets say meet in GBury at around 8:15. We will head out to meet Lane at 8:30 or so. I will keep updating the "2011 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering" thread with information regarding LRP for Saturday.

--Mike

17. noodle

noodle Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Ct
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ok,

Thanks

18. BAD360

BAD360 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2004
    Albany/Colonie NY
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Update - Just spoke with LRP. We are up to 33 cars for the corral which is fantastic. Parade laps will be from 12 -1 and parking will be in the "A" paddock where the teams and trailers are.

Looking fwd to meeting one and all.

Brett

19. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I really wish I could be there.....
    Have fun and be safe.
    - Ron Frohock

20. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ill see you guys around the track. I have a pass to be up in the driver's club house to do an article and some photos.

21. stevel48

stevel48 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2005
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Steve (85 308 Owner)
    Fantastic job.

So who's bringing what?

I'll have the 85 308

22. Stefan_009

Stefan_009 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston area, MA
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    Anybody need a passenger for the parade lap? :)

23. shutterspeed

shutterspeed Karting

Aug 18, 2010
    CT
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Damn, beat me to it ;)

24. carguy70

carguy70 Rookie

Jul 26, 2011
    Just purchased the pass. Hopefully the entry area will be clearly marked because I'm not familiar with the place.

Anyone have an idea on what time the actual races will take place?

What time are most people planning on getting there?

I'm looking forward to to a day full of screaming Ferrari's!

25. BAD360

BAD360 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2004
    Albany/Colonie NY
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Just an update, there seems to be a discrepancy with the price.

The correct price that was agreed upon was $5 of admission. At the time this was $45 so Fchat price was $40. LRP has since changed the pricing of both the general admission ticket (lowered to $30 for advanced) and the FChat ticket (raised to $60).

I am not sure when this happened, but I am NOT happy about the unannounced change. I have been chasing this down, but have yet to hear back. Will keep this thread posted.

I am going to work on some type of reparations >=/