Lifts | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Lifts

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Huskymaniac, Dec 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    If you're in the mood to spend $10k and wait 4 months, you could get a Mohawk System 1A-10. It's a 10,000 lb. lift made in the USA.

Tower height is 103", pad height is 3-1/2".

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The lift can fully extend (6' under car) with the 360 in my garage with a 10' (exactly) ceiling.

020147 and JCR like this.
  2. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
  3. Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I stumbled upon this today! It appears that the 4.75" is probably to the top of the swing arm slider. When adding the pad it comes to 6". The diagram in the Bendpak manual is very confusing and misleading. These are measured heights.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

flash32 likes this.
  4. Huskymaniac

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Just pulled the trigger on the Bendpak. Thanks guys.

flash32 likes this.
  5. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I think you will be happy especially with our mid engine ferrari s

Not the greatest for the front engine ones though

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

6. 85MondialQV

85MondialQV Karting

Feb 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Matt Drake
    Any way to sneak a car underneath? My garage is 8.5’

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    Haven't tried it but did some crude calculations a while back and I THINK I could just get the 355 and 328 stacked one over the other. Forget "normal" height cars. You have about an additional 3 inches of ceiling height to your benefit. In any event, I have no intention trying to store the cars that way. You certainly could raise one a bit and then push another one partially underneath to, for example, the base of the windshield. That would give some additional space inside the garage behind the car which is on the ground.

8. don.advantagelifts

May 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Advantage Lifts
    You might want to consider a very drpenable American made 4 post. Backyard Buddy. Great series of lifts including extra wide buddy which accomodates exotic cars and extra wide newer suvs. Www.advantagelifts.com

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I just bought two!

10. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    Great lift choice! When I can pour concrete in my machine shed I’m going with a Mohawk. I love the overbuilt nature and quality.

EastMemphis likes this.
  11. don.advantagelifts

May 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Advantage Lifts
    Try Advantage Lifts Measure My Garage! Show Them Your Garage and They'll Help Measure It Contact Free.
    Book your call https://www.advantagelifts.com/

12. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    NO

13. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    LOL, and I thought my use of the english language was bad :D:D

14. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    it probably do be

15. Huskymaniac

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Where do you position it relative to the car? I assume the roller wheels are in the front and the fixed point is in the rear. Where do you place the car relative to that fixed point? Aligned with the rear frame lift points? Aligned with the rear u-channel lift points? Something else?

16. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    The lift has has the wheels in the rear of my cars
    The lift just clears the dry oil sump when i align the car on top of it

I try to keep the center of gravity in the middle of the lift with arms extended as equal as possible .. i don't usually move the lift .. i move the different cars forward and back to balance as much as i can

Once i think i have a good position ..i mark the center of the car wheels on the wood planks so that i know where was the best position

All that being said i don't think it makes a difference which side you use forward or rear ..i know some cars will benefit for one way vs the other

The lift points are right behind the front wheels and in the rear where the frame rails met ..this is the suggested lift points that most use ..i am sure you can see them being a little worn from the various times it has been in shop

I have a 512 TR so not sure if that is the same as the 348 ..so not sure if that what you were looking for

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

17. Huskymaniac

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Hey, what do you do in terms of the orientation of the bendpak lift and the relative location of the car above it?

18. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    My ramps have stops to position the car when in garage. The BendPak lift is under the car. At stops, centered on ramps positions the car for service if needed. I favor the rear lift arms at main jack points. Front arms/pads see very little load.
    I also have thin steel plats at the front wheels of the lift. Over time the wheels were wearing into the cement floor.

19. Huskymaniac

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Do you have the fixed point of the lift below the rear of the car or did you put the roller end under the rear of the car?

20. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    360 is backed into garage(Not great for an F1 car but required).
    Lift rollers are toward front of car. Hydraulic unit etc back. Easier to access safety lock and work in my situation.

21. Huskymaniac

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Why is it required to back into your garage?

22. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Good Question!
    Driveway slopes down to garage(under family room). Wide drain to collect rain water spans both sides of the garage. 360(and my former 355/348s) would scrape at the transition. Cannot angle in(stone wall on side). So have to back in and up ramps over lift. Not good for extending F1 life!

23. Huskymaniac

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Wow, that is a challenge. So when the car is in, what part of the back end is over the part of the lift that stays fixed on the ground? Rear jack points, rear axle...something in between?

24. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    On page 1 I posted a photo of my 355 spider with powertrain removed. Garage is a bit messy. You can see the stationary pivot point where I have the lift positioned. Difficult to see but far ramp the yellow stop gives a rough idea of position.
    Right or not, has worked safely for my former 348, 355 and current 360.

25. Huskymaniac

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Since you back it in, your rear tire ends up to the left of that stop, correct?