Lift points on the F12? | FerrariChat

Lift points on the F12?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by OrangeFan, Aug 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OrangeFan

OrangeFan Rookie

Jul 29, 2017
    Cleveland
    Finally, my two-post lift is completely installed and ready for use. While I bought it mostly for my Challenge car, I am hoping to get the F12 up on it to make detailing much easier. My problem is that the lift points aren't entirely obvious. Does anybody have a couple of pictures they could share showing where the lift points are located? (The owner's manual is zero help.) Or, maybe someone has the page or two out of the service manual?

(I'd be willing to trade for some pages from the 458 manual.)

2. moorfan

moorfan Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It’s hilarious brother, but I have the WSM and the file for lifting the vehicle shows a vehicle that is not an F12.

If you feel under the side lips of the vehicle, just forward of the rear wheels you will feel a flat metal structure inboard from the side skirt. That is what I have used as the rear jack point. If you move your way up the side of the car just at the level of the front door jam there is a metal plate with four bolts around it underneath, inboard of the side skirt. It has a rolled up lip with a depression in the center of it. Just forward of that plate is another flat area. I originally had the car jacked using that front plate, but it felt like my front lift point needed to be forward of that.

3. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    The jacking points are essentially forward of the door and behind the door. Take a look at these chassis pictures, for obvious reasons the jacking points are located under the A pillar and C pillars of the strong structural box section chassis elements.

DO NOT be tempted to Jack the car close to the front wheels or too far to the rear arch as these are simply lightweight bodywork support framing....and you will run real risk of damage.

Usually, jacking the car on the front support just forward of the door will lift the whole side of the car up. It should make sense when you look under the car. Sort of looks a little odd at first but when you consider the Centre of Gravity of the car and strong points makes perfect sense.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Hope this makes sense... Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat