Lewis Hamilton | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'F1' started by Senna1994, Mar 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Al
    Alas, he's good enough to be there; and we're good enough to watch and pass judgement........quite the contrast. :cool:

Wikdstrate and william like this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Uh we judge daily. Stroll is just another driver we watch and comment on certainly not news is it
    lol

3. My implication was "Stroll is an F1 tourist funded by wealth" isn't called for. I have all the reason to have "resentment and jealousy" as I wanted to make it to the big time with no money.
    I didn't.......and didn't/don't resent someone who is fortunate enough to have the help to get there.
    Envy? Indeed. But as long as they have the talent to be wherever they are, I have no comment on where their support came from, be it family or otherwise.. It must come from somewhere, so who better than a nurturing father....?
    All I have to offer is a good luck to them; as I did when first learning of Lance Stroll. ;)

william likes this.
  4. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    First off, there is no reason for to start attacking me and calling me ignorant, jealous and having resentment. You can have respectful discussion. Secondly, since you it's sounds like you are an expert about racing, please tell me what it takes to drive these cars.

stavura and Bas like this.
  5. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Then why the hell are you even responding.

6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Great point

7. #332 lorenzobandini, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    No attack. However,
    A) Pointing out gnorance is not an attack. (Calling someone "stupid" when they're only ignorant, would sorta be.) Observing someone's ignorance and pointing it out IS respectful.
    When someone does it to me, I sit back and listen, thus becoming aware of something I was previously ignorant, and say thank you.
    B) When someone states "The car is so damn good it can drive itself.", yes, it reeks of resentment and jealousy.
    C) I do.
    D) I am no expert; 'first to admit. Having spent 20 years after being introduced to auto racing by my father chasing the dream, I have acquired a bit of knowledge about the sport and the requirements of driving racing vehicles at their limits. I have not touched an F1 car so I can't "tell me what it takes to drive these cars." per se. However, all race cars work under the same principles of physics. (to wit: lateral forces, longitudianal forces, all dependent on the presence of those four tiny contact patches that one cannot exceed the maximum slip angle at which they provide sufficient adhesion) so I have a good idea that it is not so simple that "they can drive themselves".
    Please advise how they can. Or, better yet, why not offer yourself up to Mercedes for nothing, as I suggested, before Lewis re-signs for his multi-millions, and show us. (You should at least ask for travel and per diem...;))

Anything else? :)

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I don't know that anyone would describe Lawrence Stroll as nurturing?

Bas likes this.
  9. DF1

He needs more of what wealth cannot buy - talent. He offers zero excitement to me as a fan. He has grown little. He is there because of wealth - literally a statement of the obvious. The press and other more F1 educated veteran's have stated the same.

Again as alway - I ask - on talent alone and no wealth would you hire him. No one EVER responds in the affirmative LOL! Wish him all the luck you want. Luck is nice, just ask Lewis. LH will tell you it takes much more than that to be a racer and winner. Lance one day might show us more, he has had years now. No longer a rookie and not getting younger. His own team said yesterday - they expected more out of him in qualy. They did not get more today in the race.

10. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    You obviously know alot about race cars and thank you for that lesson. Yeah, I don't know much myself and pretty ignorant about racing cars. I think the fact I have been racing for 20 years and have a couple Indy car drivers and F1 drivers as teammates shows how much I know about driving a race car. Again really appreciate the lesson on how a race car works.

11. Michael Sexton

Oct 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael Sexton
    Just wondering who your F1 and Indy car teammates are?

william likes this.
  12. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    It's from karting, Alan Scuito( Red bull driver) Alex Barron, Scott Speed and Max Verstappen( Supernationals) see my thread about Max Verstappen. By the way been doing some recent karting practice with Jenson Button and Phil Geibler.

Bas likes this.
  13. Michael Sexton

Oct 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael Sexton
    Nice

CRG125 likes this.
  14. Ah-ha. Alex had a GARRA shop in my neck of the woods; near a Comcast facility, just off Dixie Highway.
    'Trying to remember....Starworks iirc ;).

15. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Chill out, Frances. It's a sports chit-chat board.

16. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Difficult to evaluate with this monster of a car.
    Put verstappen in it and maybe Hammy would be relegated half seconds behind.
    Frankly who knows ?

stavura and Bas like this.
  17. Baahhh hum-bug. Too late to edit but my ignorance.....nay.....senility......kicked in. :confused: I was close but no ceeegarrr.

'Right team, wrong "Barron". :rolleyes: 'T'was Peter Baron's SAMAX cum Starworks Motorsports team. 'Called an old racin' buddy and he refurb'ed me memory.

18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    DF1 and pilotoCS like this.
  19. [​IMG]
    "Oh hoo-hoo hoo-hoo hooooo......Barrr-neeyyyy!!!"​

20. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Or maybe Max would be relegated half a second behind Lewis? Who knows?

21. DF1

We dont know. Not all can just sit down and fly along at LH pace. The cars are distinct. Team are distinct in function etc. One has to adapt and grow to the car and team. This was explained nicely in Autosport last year. Look at the issues Seb has had adapting to non Red Bull Ferrari vs others.

Terra and ktu like this.
  22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    You are right Bottas and Verstappen should be considered with the same potential.

23. #349 lorenzobandini, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    I haven't seen the Autosport explanation so I hope I'm not repeating anything stated therein while taking a step further.....

One can not compare drivers in even the "same" car.....be it Ferrari, Mercedes, Haas, Williams, or whatever make you choose.

First, no....zero, zip, nadda.....two cars are the same. Man cannot create anything "perfect" so "the same" cars are out the window right off the bat.
    Second, once you put them in the "exact" same car (as in taking turns in it) it would not suit both drivers. It would be at different times and the requisite setup for each driver's nuances needed would take an enormous amount of time to nail exactly what each desires for their "perfect" laps
    I can only suggest that the only fair and equitable comparison is their results over the duration of their careers as it is the only evidence of one's total ability.

There are so many variables in auto racing that one needs to have very diverse skills (the driving quickly itself, ability to acquire the right seat at the right time, assembling your crew that gels, strategy, senses (awareness of one's surroundings), rapid analytics....and on and on.) that can truly only be determined by one's career. Just the ability to hustle a race car quickly around a circuit does not answer the question of "who's" the better auto racer. That's why there are results of races and championships. Not, as my first sanctioned competition, Solo competitions (for the uninitiated, single timed runs around a course).

This is why I can enjoy the most "boring" race at the front. I never expect that to happen as it is nigh on impossible for those "stars" to align, where coincidentally, cars and drivers limits are equal on a given day. That is when the suspense (waiting for that occasion) and excitement (the competition 'twixt the two or more) come together. If it were to be so (as they try in IndyCar, kit/spec cars,; sportscars, BoPing; NASCAR, gimmicks; etc., etc.)) race in and race out, it becomes so fictional, as it's designed to be, that like I've said before, I'd rather go to the movies where there's no pretense of "real" suspense and excitement. You know it's in the script before you buy the ticket.

I enjoy watching each driver and car throughout the field and the differences thereof. It is, of course, a lot easier at the circuit as you can move around and study each car and drivers idiosyncrasies at your discretion.
    Yes, enjoying and appreciating the efforts of each and every driver and team. Rating their overall performance by their results over time. Of course there are many of both that never make it to the top of the heap. That's the same in life in general, no? They are, however, out there, plugging away, as in life....... :)

Just my two cents.

ktu likes this.
  24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Crapilton luck just went trough his ass once again, o well, at leas we have the Stroller to keep us honest, lololo, they had to sabotage Hulk's car in order to make daddy's boy finish ahead...what a joke!!!
    For those of us who actualy watch races, it was a supreme effort by Charles and Max, by far the best drivers out there.

stavura, SimCity3 and jpalmito like this.