Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 36 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    I guess Alonso forgot that Nico kicked Schumi's ass to the curb.

Patrick Dixon and ktu like this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Or ordering Rosberg to let Hamilton by? Even in Rosbergs' champion year!

That team was, and still is, Lewis' team. From day 1. I think it was the 2nd race in 2013 when this was confirmed, in Malaysia, when Rosberg was MILES faster and he was not allowed to pass under any circumstance.

stavura, SimCity3, JJ and 2 others like this.
  3. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    And Nico still kicked Schumi's ass to the curb. Guess his contract had changed by then.

ktu likes this.
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Although I like Schumi, I'm not trying to be funny, but Rosberg did kick his #@!

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Kicking out a 43 year old man out of the sport for 4 years with a bad neck is hardly the same as prime Michael. Father Time is undefeated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Don't make excuses for the man. Kimi is killing his young team mate at 40. Schumacher would not have raced if he thought he was not fit enough. His team would have not let him race if his neck didn't meet medical requirements. If he was so far ahead of other drivers as people say, he would have beat Rosberg, or at least mount a challenge.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s just plain ignorant. Sorry but as a former division 1 athlete I can tell u my mind believes I can still do things and compete but I just can’t at 37 do things I used to at 23. It’s basics.

stavura, SimCity3, kes7u and 2 others like this.
  8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Schumi post 2010 wasn't schumi anymore.
    Rosberg would have been destroyed by Michael during the 1991- 2004 era.

SimCity3 likes this.
  9. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #884 NeuroBeaker, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    Several years away from the top echelon of any sport will diminish the performance of any athlete. Once you reach the pinnacle of any skill, it takes a great deal of continuous effort to maintain it. Any significant gap in practice and you see a significant drop-off in performance that, at advanced years (for an athlete), you may not be able to reclaim upon resumption of training.

All the best,
    Andrew.

10. Natkingcolebasket69

+10000000

11. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Facts are only facts if they work against HAM and for MSC ... after that we just have excuses.

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion about who is 'the best', but anyone denying HAM is a great driver and a very worthy champion is simply delusional. If you love the sport you should just enjoy his excellence, just as we enjoyed MSC's and others in a previous age.

m5shiv, cairns, william and 3 others like this.
  12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Tell that to Fangio who won a championship at 46.
    Micheal was always fit and still occasionally raced motorcycles during his time off. He hadn't stepped away from racing completely. Rosberg said he used to walk around the garage with his shirt off to show how fit he was. What I'm saying is you have Schumi fans that say he was "so far ahead of his teammates " or "on another level when compared to other drivers". If Scumacher is so far above Hamilton, who beat Rosberg 3 times, then Rosberg should be well well below Schumacher. Schumacher was'nt 50 when he returned. If you all still want to use this excuse, go ahead, but many will see it as it is, which is Rosberg kicked his $%!

william likes this.
  13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    A previous post mentioned that Schumacher had a motorcycle accident during his hiatus which would explain a lot. I am not familiar with the details.

14. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Only Michael Jordan after his baseball break and return to the Chicago Bulls comes to mind. But after his finger injury (post 1998) and his attempts with the Washington Wizards he went nowhere. Time stands still for no one.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    The crazy thing is he was still hitting 30pts when he came back with the Wizards

16. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Tom Brady is 43yo...and still going strong with Tampa....he even has elevated the team.

greg328 and ktu like this.
  17. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Not accurate

78 races together
    ham wins : rosberg wins
    32 : 22

Rosberg Outqualified ham 36 times

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton%E2%80%93Rosberg_rivalry#:~:text=The%20Hamilton%E2%80%93Rosberg%20rivalry%20was,German%20racing%20driver%20Nico%20Rosberg.&text=As%20teammates%2C%20Hamilton%20and%20Rosberg,ahead%20of%20Rosberg%2042%20times.

And then there's this.....

18. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s the point it was occasional ; his knees failed him and he averaged 23 a game then 20 a game in his last season.
    He couldn’t do it consistently just like Schumacher couldn’t and just like Hamilton couldn’t if he retires and comes back.
    Alain Prost did it but Damon
    Hill was his teammate. Mansel in 1994- only 2 years removed from being WC- was only okay and they chose coulthard over him.
    Fangio that’s another era: no need to be fit; they all had bee bellies.
    As far as schumi being fit - of course he was just like Jordan still was super fit but with age your reflexes go down, your explosiveness goes down, muscle tone etc. You might look the same but you are 95-90% of yourself and in F1 that’s a lot of time around the race track.

Bas likes this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

He has more pick six in 4 games than in the past 100+games. Still strong , still got it but definitely on the decline.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  20. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Don't talk nonsense. I've been playing football since I was 10 years old. Prime was approximately 10-5 years ago. Then came the injuries, one by one, and as I type this, i'm not the same person I was before i tore my ankle back in 2013.

jpalmito and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  21. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    So Schumi has to be at %100 to beat Rosberg who is beneath Hamilton? And Hamilton is supposedly miles away from Schumi?

22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    william likes this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

Firstly you misquote me.
    Second maybe Schumacher was at 82% and 85% was enough. No one can put an exact %. One thing for sure he made many mistakes and wasn’t anywhere his old self.
    Lastly I never told u Hamilton was miles away from Schumacher. Like never... except in the wet where imo Schumacher and Senna are in a league of their own.

Bas likes this.
  24. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Andreas Nikolaus Lauda had a massive accident that nearly killed him but still won two WCs after that, the third after retiring from the sport (and setting up an airline) for two years.

ktu likes this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

His physical injury was very different, his age as well. Additionally MS won 5 titles after his injury at silverstone 5!
    Laura’s 3rd title was impressive just like prost’s 4th

stavura, SimCity3, Bas and 2 others like this.