Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 23 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thanks @john Owen - appreciate your post. Just a reminder we're not allowing any sort of political commentary in F1 - even as it relates to F1 personalities engaging in extra-F1 topics.

I'm grateful for your understanding and cooperation.

Best to you.

2. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    A man with that much cash in the bank can afford to own any car in the world and Hamilton owns quite a few. According to Autoblog, his garages is stuffed full of exotic cars like a Ferrari LaFerrari, a Pagani Zonda, a McLaren P1, and an original Shelby Cobra from the 1960s. But he tells Autoblog, “I don’t drive any of the cars that I own anymore. I only drive my (electric Mercedes) EQC.”

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

I am longing for his retirement or for him to be beaten heavily on the track to avoid having to endure this kind of antics.

Igor Ound likes this.
  4. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    If he really is true to his word he should sell the cars, quit F1, quit travelling and stop promoting the polluting clothing industry.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I feel the same about Lebron James. Can’t argue his activism and basketball talents but his arrogance ...too much for me;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpalmito, Igor Ound and lagunacc like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

That being said I’m no fan of Hamilton but can’t argue with his results. I mean he just make the best of his situation. He is a professional. It’s like if tomorrow google or any leader in your space offers you your dream job, in the best of conditions would you or me or anyone else take it? For sure I would and I would be right to do so.
    The thing with sports nowadays is that it’s more and more a business : the sense of staying put with a franchise to win a title or with one team for a long time to prove yourself ...it’s just gone: athletes (even more so today) are all about themselves, controlling their images and what’s best for them. Can’t blame the man for staying with the best team. I’d not leave my dream job to take a challenge just because some people want me to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpalmito likes this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Well, not exactly, lots of folks know when to stop doing what Hamilton is doing, when warned.

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Appreciate your comments friends, but we're purposely keeping P&R out of the F1 forum. That said, there is an active and ongoing thread in P&R if you seek to discuss further.

Best to you both.

9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    No guarantees.

pilotoCS likes this.
  10. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Don't hold your breath !

He's paying close attention to your posts, and will be taking your advice, I'm sure of it :D

ypsilon and ktu like this.
  11. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    May I inquire as to why should it be closed? NOT trolling, really asking. Thanks

Igor Ound likes this.
  12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Seems to just attract ban actions. Of little benefit to the group. By now the opinion of LH is well formed.

william, Jakuzzi, paulchua and 2 others like this.
  13. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Exactly. Hamilton threads are poison.

Boomhauer likes this.
  14. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    I can't help but wonder how quickly you will implement the rest of my suggestions. I'll be on the edge of my seat...

15. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Appears to be mostly jealousy !

16. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

I hope you don’t really think that.

17. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    He left McLaren (OK, they weren't the best team at the time) to take a challenge with Mercedes (who also weren't the best team at the time), but we'd probably rightly call him stupid if he left by far the best team to take on a 'challenge' with another team at this stage of his career. Even if he did want a challenge just where could he go? There are only 4 engines so it has to be one of those manufacturers; Red Bull - can't see him fitting in there, Ferrari - hmmm, Mercedes - already there and Renault. Not sure Alonso would want Hamilton at Renault!

william and TonyL like this.
  18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    He doesn't need to prove anything else anyway

william likes this.
  19. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Judging by the thread counts, LH will always be the most popular driver in the F1 forum, until another drivers produces more interest

william and Patrick Dixon like this.
  20. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Check out the Stroller thread:p:D

21. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I honestly had no idea Hamilton was a controversial figure at all until skimming this thread. from what I've seen he is a nice man and a good driver.

Adrian Thompson, william, ktu and 2 others like this.
  22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well done Kimi. As I wrote in the first pages of this thread, I certainly wouldn't call Lewis an idiot, but...my, my, my: he has a strange taste in clothes...
    (and I kinda like the guy nevertheless; you can't deny his results in his profession as a racing driver; as for the rest, well, that doesn't matter much, actually...)

Rgds

william and Patrick Dixon like this.
  23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi @JJ
    Super sorry - I didn't catch the suggestions. What are they again?

Thanks

24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #575 paulchua, Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    Many feel the posts become devolvements into mud sligning-they are right.
    correct
    True

This all said, it's 100% okay to hate, bash, trash, insult, mock, denigrate Hamilton. Fire away*

*As long as it doesn't involve P&R (you're welcome to it in the P&R forum here.)
    If you want to be racist or attack his orientation; as a private enterprise, Rob has every prerogative to not allow it here.

If you disagree, well, Ferrari and FIA and F1 and Liberty (not to mention Leclerc and Sainz) all stand united with the same policies of not tolerating racism. If you're going to be mad at Fchat for not allowing race-based slurs, you're firing blanks - start with changing Ferrari to tolerate racism or denigrating one's orientation (whatever it may be)

Jakuzzi likes this.