Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    i think it's more prosaic than that.
    Two top drivers , Alonso and Hamilton.
    Alonso was no option because of his damn and selfish character.
    Hamilton was the only other option.
    Congratulations to him for taking this risk.
    At the time everyone including myself thought he was crazy !

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

To the last part:
    It’s all about opportunities. See take track and field- pretty sure no human being on earth is faster than ussain bolt. For car drivers it’s a lot more difficult; firstly no matter we got fed that Lewis was poor he truly wasn’t like the average folks are. There are barrier to entries to f1 or Motorsports generally speaking. There might be 1000’s of kids out there as talented as the ones we watch in Sunday’s but we will never know because of the costs... for that f1 is one of the most unfair discipline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Are you kidding ?

4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    No. I try to make my questions as easy and simple as possible, can be answered with a yes or no

DGPF likes this.
  5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    What's your favorite dessert ?
    Yes or no ?

Giallo 550 likes this.
  6. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    #131 pilotoCS, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    This thread is typical bar-room banter. These opinions and $5.00 buys a six-pack of cheap beer and that's it. But that's what sports BS forums are for. I get it.

My point is that you shouldn't go nuts trying to prove your opinion is right the person's is wrong.

Have fun.

7. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Completely agree, Lauda was key to Lewis getting the Willy Wonka ticket.

Interestingly McLaren had just offered Lewis a salary reduction, due to his lack lustre performance.

stavura and Jakuzzi like this.
  8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yes.
    See how easy i answered your question? Why can't i get the same?

9. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Would be nice if we could enjoy a high level discussion initiated by you ?

10. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    yes he did more than Lewis

11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Lol only on Fchat

DGPF likes this.
  12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Clearly they, Mclaren felt strongly about how great the car was LOL?? That is ironic to hear. Do not recall that detail. No matter, the car and LH at Mercedes are doing what is required. Obtaining results. We can see how with Vettel, talent and winning past are not certainty for a given car or team. Contrast same with Charles, same car better results with long term contract in place. LH may have simply been tired of Mclaren, systems and management. Was with them for years. Possible yes.

13. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I've started more than a few threads here on F-chat.

Again, have fun.

14. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Out of the current generation it seems only Max can hustle a recalcitrant car to remarkable results.

Whether Alonso still retains that Xtra ability remains to be seen !

15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Yes Max has that capacity as did FA. Not a common trait. It is amazing to see!!

DGPF, stavura, Picchu88 and 4 others like this.
  16. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    no need to be so contemptuous.

17. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    In what way does asking about tires or pushing a car to “the edge of fast” while saving tires constitute any form of higher order thinking or intellectual rigor? o_O

18. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    In Britain, where lottery winners get the full amount within days of winning;
    The average lottery winner 3 years down the road is back to work again with a new house and car after some trips to exotic places.
    That is they blew massive wealth in a short time.

There is a theory that if you distributed wealth around the world such that at a certain date, everyone had exactly the same net worth, that with in 10 years the people who were already rich before redistribution will have accumulated 90% of the world's wealth again.

19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    A theory that would establish a natural right to wealth or poverty ?
    Karl Marx will turn in his grave.

20. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Well:: he is driving around a difficult race track as fast as the car will allow, and has enough mental energy to devote some of it to planning and assessing how the others on the track might be planning to attack him. He seems to be considering all opponents, assessing their current and future strategies, so as to best position himself for a win. All while driving 200 MPH into a hairpin turn!!!

The rigor is in the considerations of all who can attack his current position, and how he can attack all those in front of him.
    The intellect is that he has the mental capacity to do this kind of thinking while expending the mental energy to keep the car on the road and in front.
    The higher order thinking was seen last week when Lewis refused to pit for softs and instead wanted the mediums--overruling team orders, which ended up being a better call the the race engineer.

william and ktu like this.
  21. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Based on you’re pre-revised post, I KNOW you didn’t know what it meant prior to looking it up. The fact that I made a statement about IQ, which is a quantifiable way of identifying intelligence, proves that I used it correctly. Based on you now trying to catch me on semantics (another word you can look up and add to your lexicon) instead of trying to make salient points, I think we’re done here.

Bas likes this.
  22. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yup, that’s right up there with analyzing Hamlet’s soliloquy. You win. :rolleyes:

23. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Other drivers have greater spare mental capacity and intellect.
    Hamilton usually bleats to his engineer and needs lots of pampering and reassurance on the radio. Such as;
    "Lewis this is James, we believe in you. You can do this."

Also, unlike other drivers, Lewis is limited to speaking just one language.

He's not as smart as you give him credit for, but I understand why you do ;)

Bas likes this.
  24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Man, how did Lewis win carting/gp2/F1 championships without James? His go cart must have had a hidden radio. Let me investigate.......

DGPF likes this.
  25. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    True. In 2012 Mercedes was working on the 2012, 13 and 14 cars with Schumacher and Aldo Costa. Mclaren was Mercedes' ''factory team'', but with their own team now to run and championship ambitions, support for Mclaren was obviously going to end. Mclaren no longer was a factory team.

When Lewis is interviewed these days, he always talks about much love for Mercedes, and saying they've supported him all the way since he was 12.

stavura, 375+, SimCity3 and 3 others like this.