Let´s talk about Boxing | Page 128 | FerrariChat

Let´s talk about Boxing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zzono, Dec 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Apparently the GGG VS Derevyanchenko might be in contention for fight of the year. :eek:

And they reckon the 10th round of their title fight could be in the round of the year. :eek:

I might have to watch the replay of this one. :D

2. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lol, crazy. :D

3. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Great fight way better than I expected. GGG took some big shots to the body from Derevyanchenko who had a pretty successfull blueprint. I thought the fight was super close and could have gone either way. Derevyanchenko fought with nothing to lose after getting dropped in the 1st round and taking a nasty cut to the right brow later on. His cutman did a great job keeping him in the fight. GGG looked like he has lost a step but rumors are he was recovering from the flu or a cold. I believe Derevyanchenko deserves an immediate rematch since Canelo is ducking GGG. Otherwise GGG vs Demetrius Andrade is a compelling matchup.

Graz and PAP 348 like this.
  4. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I agree with all of that. Was a great fight, I watched the replay. Derevyanchenko definitely fought with nothing to lose. :)

I would like to see a rematch, but I would also like to see GGG fight someone else. Andrade would be a good match up also.

GGG VS Canelo III?? Yeah, could be a good fight. But if GGG doesn't KO Canelo then I fear he will lose again. :(

Apparently GGG was ill leading up and in the fight, but he fought on of course. Eddie Hearn made that statement.

Surfah likes this.
  5. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  6. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano

Derevyanchenko put up a good fight but did you see his face after the fight! If GGG had the flu its amazing he was able to get through 12 rounds with that kind of action. We're so used to seeing GGG dominate that its a little weird to see him have a misstep. He still won but it was a good competitive fight.

PAP 348 likes this.
  7. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Spot on brother. :)

8. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
  9. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    So stupid of Spence. I recently lost respect of him, now even more.
    He is ducking Crawford.

10. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Shakur Stevenson (12-0, 7 KOs) vs Joet Gonzalez (23-0, 14 KOs)
    Interesting Match up in every way tonight.
    Love the fact that Joet Gonzalez dates Shakur's sister!
    You got Champion vs Olympian
    ...and listening to Shakur's interview, He mentions how "MAD" Joet is at him. That was kinda weird. It almost sounded like a sign of fear.

11. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  12. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I watched this fight today, was a good fight and a good result for Stevenson. :)

13. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I got it wrong.
    Shakur dates Gonzalez's sister.
    Pretty boring 1 sided fight.
    Shakur fights like Pernell Whitaker.
    Very defensive. It makes 4 a boring fight.

PAP 348 likes this.
  14. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Kovalev VS Alverez this weekend boys. :)

15. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    ^Looking forward to the fight. Pap you got Kovalev?

16. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I have to lean toward Kovalev for this one. I felt (in the past) Canelo was a small MW. So you know how I feel about him at 175lbs.
    Canelo does have speed/youth on his side and if he can get in on the inside, he may be able to do some damage.

17. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    The only thing making me lean towards Canelo in this one is Oscar. He wouldn’t let his “Golden boy” sign a fight he couldn’t win. Having said that Canelo hasn’t been hit by a Kovalev yet so we’ll have to wait and see how he handles the weight/power differential.

PAP 348 likes this.
  18. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Yes, He still had enough power to KO a game Yarde in the 11th.

19. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Cheers boys, I will be watching and I have my money on Canelo via TKO in the mid-later rounds. Canelo will attack the body from round 1 and we all know that Kovalev doesn't like body shots.

As much as I would love to see Kovalev win, he is just too burnt out to fight a prime Canelo...............which is why Canelo wants this fight.

No way he would have considered fighting Kovalev when Kovalev was unstoppable.

Either way, hopefully it's a great fight and I hope you all enjoy.

Graz and BOKE like this.
  20. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Good fight, was not the fight I or anyone else expected I think lol. :)

If Kovalev threw the big shots, then he would have definitely lost earlier via KO. Kovalev didn't take many, if any risks. He looked pretty good just cruising along, didn't seem to struggle much along the way. Canelo was definitely working for it, you could see he was sweating hard and catching big breaths between the rounds.

Kovalev did a good job sticking behind the jab, but you're obviously not going to win a fight by just jabbing, so it would have been good to see him perhaps try and throw a couple of big shots, obvious risk involved.

It was a brutal KO at the end and it was nice to see Canelo showing some interest in Kovalev's well being.

I don't see Canelo staying at 175 but, he seemed to really battle to get anywhere with Kovalev today and Kovalev is well past his prime. Against a top Light Heavyweight I don't think Canelo will have what it takes to win.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend boys. :)

21. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Interesting game plan from Kovalev. It looked like he just wanted to win a 12 Decision. Never really engaged. I was kinda impressed with Canelo's stamina. He carried the weight well. He still had power in the later rounds. You could see him turn up the juice in round 10. Round 11 I saw a whole different Canelo.
    Brutal KO.

TestShoot and PAP 348 like this.
  22. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Card was even, so KO saved us all from the post fight debates..! Nice from Canelo.....if only he had managed to take down Floyd.....

TestShoot and PAP 348 like this.
  23. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I think Kovalev just wanted to last 12 rounds with Canelo lol.

It was a close fight, Canelo was winning 96-94 on two judges score cards and 95-95 on the other score card, so he was doing great. He threw a tonne of jabs which was great.

He should have engaged a little more, yes. He definitely still has some power, so he should have taken some risks and thrown some big shots as they may have had some effect on Canelo.

24. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I always enjoy watching Canelo fight, I enjoyed that ending quite a bit. I can't put my finger on it, but I am never really interested in seeing the Russian and former Soviet eastern block country fighters. They lack charisma and personality.

PAP 348 likes this.