Lens & Travel Tips For Laguna Seca? | FerrariChat

Lens & Travel Tips For Laguna Seca?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ferrari Envy, Jul 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari Envy

Ferrari Envy Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2009
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Cameron DeMille
    I want to go to Moneterey for my first Motorsports event. Life has always kept me busy and I don't get to travel much unless it's for work. My b-day is in August and I just realized the Motorsports Reunion even is coming up in a month. I live in Palm Springs and would like to travel up there with my wife and 2.5 year old. I have also invited my brother in law and their 3 kids.

1. My first question is about photography. I got ahead of myself and bought some nicer-than-I-need camera stuff, but don't know enough to use it all properly yet. I am more accustomed to indoor photos. I need some recommendations on what to carry, so I don't carry everything.

Camera: Canon 70D
    Lenses
    1. 18-55 kit lens
    2. Canon 10-22
    3. Canon EF 70-300 1:4-5.6L (bringing this one)
    4. Sigma 50mm ART

I though I would bring the 70-300 and the 50mm, for paddock photos.

2. My second question is how to keep my family sane. My kid is just getting into cars and cool "boy" stuff, but I want to keep him from having a hard time. I know it will be loud, so earplugs are a no brainer. Anything else I should know to keep him comfy? Maybe a small pillow to sit on, are there metal bleachers?

My wife has a bad back and is only slightly interested in cars, so I fear she will be over it much sooner than I will want to leave. So any tips to keep her occupied or busy would be awesome.

I have to read over all the rules and stuff, but do people generally bring in comfort items, like soft seat pads, coolers and stuff like that?

2. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    You should decide on either the photography or entertaining/supervising the families. Trying to do both might leave everyone unhappy. Send the wives and kids to the aquarium, you go to the track...everyone happy. Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.

3. Ferrari Envy

Ferrari Envy Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2009
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Cameron DeMille
    Thank you. My wife actually suggested this last night. She doesn't have much interest in the cars and my kid is all about fish right now, so that would work out well.