Leatherique For The Seats, But What About Dash | FerrariChat

Leatherique For The Seats, But What About Dash

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by billg, Aug 18, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. billg

billg Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2006
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill Grady
    Read about the leather cleaner Leatherique on the Web site about 400s done by the guy who restored one at a megacompulsive level, which I guess is the best way but would never be my way. Most of you have probably seen the site, Ferrari 400 Register. Anyway, he used this stuff and spread miles of Clingwrap over it to bake it in and I was certainly impressed enough to try the product though I don't do Clingwrap outside the kitchen. The thing is, it's pretty good for the seats with their loose, porous leather but not for the dash, where the leather is so tightly stretched. What do you all use to clean and 'feed' (that's a Zymol term I hate) the dash?

2. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Lexol cleaner and conditioner. They come in orange and brown spray bottles, respectively, and should be available at any higher-end auto parts store (i.e., forget AutoZone, but maybe Checker or PepBoys) and certainly at any place that deals in horse stuff like saddles and the like (aka, a tack shop).

3. billg

billg Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2006
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill Grady
    Excellent. Thank you.

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

http://www.properautocare.com/leatcarprod1.html

Used the blackfire cleaners and conditioners. Easier to use than leatherique, which I have used on badly soiled seats.

I like the both products, but the blackfire is much easier to work with.

DM