Leather Work? | FerrariChat

Leather Work?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jimpo1, Nov 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Rob, Greg S just had the seats in his TR redone and they're gorgeous. I think the place is called Tin Lizzies and is somewhere around Central Expwy and Alpha. Greg was referred to them by FOD.

2. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I highly recommend The Tin Lizzy Affair on Floyd Circle just north of TI. Lucinda Howard is the owner and they do a very thorough job.

I have worked with them on several different jobs and the results were always excellent. They can start with a flat piece of leather and when finished make it look like the factory original.

Pictures before and after would be nice.

3. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Rob,

If you want exceptional dealer grade work go to Tin Lizzie. She if the most expensive in town. But you generally do not have to watch her or be worried about getting something redone.

If you want work done at a very reasonable price and normally perfect, but sometimes need to ***** @ something talk to Suzzie @

ASM
    11511 Reeder Road
    Dallas Texas
    (972) 406-8130

She did the interior of my Maserati Indy for 4K Tin Lizzie's bid was 11K. The job Suzzie did was every bit as nice as Lucida would have done.

She also did both seats in my Ferrari and the arm rest.

She does almost all the work for the Jaguar club.

4. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    I don't know if he's still around, but Johnny Saunders is the best I've ever seen. I met him while I was working at Norwoods years ago.

He's so good, I've had him down to Austin to make conv. tops at my shop. But, I have not spoken with him in years cause we have not had any restorations warranteeing his expertise.

The old no.s I have for him were pgr: 214.332.6963 and he was at Coffee's for a while: 214.243.7731

James Patterson would know if he's still around and if so, he's probably doing their work.

If you do get his no., please let me know and tell him I said hello.

5. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore

6. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Can anyone provide a reference for someone who does excellent leather work in the Dallas area? I'd like to have some work done to the seats in my car.

Regards,
    Rob.

7. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thank you all... I'll track some of these folks down.

I've received one estimate from New Life Services, however, I think it was too high - $850.00 for minor work. I'll find out if i'm wrong...

btw - The contact at New Life Services is Steve Smith @ 214-343-6943.

They did some work on M3 a few years back and it still looks like the day it was fixed.

Regards,
    Rob.

8. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Rob,

Depends on what you need done. I had both my front seats completly recovered all in Leather for $550 a piece drive out from ASM. She fixed the seat on another friends Ferrari that just needed minor work for $200.

Rodney