Leasing | FerrariChat

Leasing

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Jay R, Jan 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Can I ask if anyone has ever leased a used Ferrari? What were your experiences? How does it work? I was looking at Premier.

2. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Most FERRARI leases are open ended-ie the residual value of the car depends on car mileage and condition and market at the lease end. If the car is worth less than the agreed upon price when the lease was signed- you pay the difference at lease end. This can be tens of thousands. A closed end lease on the other hand costs you nothing at lease end other than agreed upon cost per mile that exceeds the agreed upon mileage allowed. I have not seen FERRARI offer closed end leases for new or used cars. Occasionally however if the numbers work for from a business point of view it can get you into a car you ordinarily may not be able to afford. That’s the problem- if it’s a 35k Jeep an open ended lease will cost you little. A350k FERRARI- different story

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. paddy

paddy Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paddy
    Ferrari Financial Services offer both open- and closed-end leases across the dealer network.

Open-end leases are priced in such a way that monthly installments will be more attractive, however as mentioned above, there may be an amount due at maturity depending on the value of the vehicle.

Closed-end leases are also available across the dealer network through Ferrari Financial Services with no residual value risk. I would recommend you to contact your dealer to learn more about these products and obtain a quote.

Attractive retail options are also available.

4. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Putnam and Premier offer open ended leases that may be beneficial for:
    1. If you are in and out of cars every year or so, you don’t pay all the sales tax up front.
    2. If you have a business whereby you are able to write off some of the lease payments (consult with your CPA).

Keep in mind, interest is front loaded so if you trade out the car within the first year or two, you’re going to lose out on quite a bit of $. There are also penalties if you trade out early such as an extra monthly payment.

Sent from my 16M