Leasing yachts ? | FerrariChat

Leasing yachts ?

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by WILLIAM H, Jul 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #1 WILLIAM H, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm totally new to this. Just thinking about it. I love the Pershing like this beauty I saw in person that really got me thinking.

She's like 89 foot.

If you own one can you make any $ leasing it or at least for covering maintenance and docking
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    I found the book 'Grand Ambition' illustrative of the thinking of those who buy/build/measure dxxx size with big boats. Not my world, however.

3. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #3 BoulderFCar, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    You can put the boat into and LLC and charter it. Many if not most big boats are available for charter. My personal opinion is that it's a huge pain in the ass and not worth it. You have to have more crew, pay management fees and the guests don't treat the boat like an owner does. You go to get on your boat and the carpets have had to be replaced due to excessive partying and so on. Part of having a nice boat is that it's a nice boat and very pristine. You can keep charters very clean and most operators do but it's costly. Go hang out with some crew in one of the marina bars and they can give you lots of "real" information on it.

I personally think the pershings are ugly playboy boats but they are in charter fleets too. The type of customer that would charter them is different than say a Westport. I just got back from the Exumas and two were in a small marina waiting for guests to show up.

Edit- I did think of a Pershing exception. Kenny Chesney has one that is very close to where I live in FTL. It's a muted grey and pretty tasteful. Kenny is also a cool guy.

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    90 footer is just a little above average in MIA.

We got dozens of 200 ft +++ here

I'm trying to keep it under $1M, small fry when the billionaires come to town

5. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    A couple of year old 82' Pershing is a $4-5M boat.
    $20-40K/month to maintain, dock and staff.

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Go for a Palmer Johnson 120. They look pretty slick and better than those imo. :) Of course both are crazy expensive maintain as is any vessel of that size.

7. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
  8. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I was just in Miami last week. Got into the local charter guys to rent a boat for the day.
    17 azimut 77' rented for 4600 4 hours and 5700 whole day. The charter company gets 25 percent I believe and then u have to pay a captain and crew 3-600 per day A 90 ft new Pershing is $4.5.+
    They are bad ass. The surface drives and speed they have make them irresistible.
    I'm thinking about a newer azimut flybridge to keep in Miami. Trying to mAke sense of ownership but doesn't seem any way to save lol. Charter maybe but there is what the other poster referred to damage of the boat and knowing someone else was getting it on in your bed.
    A shared ownership 3-4 way would make sense but partnerships have there downsides too( everybody may want to use the same day or weekend.
    The island gardens marina looks like the future place to be. Had some killer dingy's in there.

Btw William how is your son doing I haven't chatted with you for years on here. I have 4 kids now lol