Leake's upcoming auction with several 400s | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Leake's upcoming auction with several 400s

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by dougmilbourne, Sep 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tr0768

tr0768 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    maltby wa
    Full Name:
    Howard Musolf
    I did have a brief conversation with one of the auction guys Friday. While he was not forthcoming with any real information he did tell me that this group of Italian cars the Ferrari's, Maserati's and Alpha's was a collection that had been amassed over the years. They had been stored in a warehouse for a number of years. Then several years ago the warehouse was sold and all cars pulled out and stored outside in the heat and weather for the last few years with no preperation for outside storage.

I'm guessing that the auction company figured giving no information would be better than telling the real truth. Just like a Southern California used car salesman!!!! You know the type, if there is a strange noise turn up the radio. They most certianly did no favlors for the consigners. Poor marketing, worse advertising and total disregard for buyer and seller. A formula for failure and low prices. Gee guess I can write these clowns off as a viable auction house for my collection!!!!

Howard
    1981 308gtsi
    Maserati Spider
    2 many brass era cars.

2. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    stored outside in the heat????????????????? oh my god!!! that only shows what kind of cars they were before they would put them outside!

3. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John

Well that pretty much sums up why these poor neglected cars sold for the prices that they did. Thanks for posting, it is useful information about these particular cars.

4. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Me thinks windows will find their way onto the parts market now. Some of these cars surely went to the breakers. Are there that many dreamers?

5. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #55 dstacy, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yep, that was me

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    DAVE!!!!

Welcome back!! How are you?

Regards,

Art S.

PS. I'm out of TX wine :D ;)

7. huligan

huligan Rookie

Mar 9, 2010
    Columbus, OH
  8. RMSI

RMSI Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Buy for 18,250 (plus premium of another 1500-ish), turn around and sell for a $17k profit? No wonder it's been for sale for a while.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-FERRARI-412-/140417595588?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20b18a78c4#v4-30

9. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John