Leads on Daytona Carbs | FerrariChat

Leads on Daytona Carbs

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by ag512bbi, Apr 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Anyone have any leads on carbs for a Daytona for sale? I may need a couple of them.
    Thank you in advance.

2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    What makes you think you “may need a couple of them” ?

3. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I'll let you know in a little bit. I am NO technician. I was just told. Ill get a better explanation. I even sent all 6 of them out to be totally refurbished. Again, im sorry I know nothing about whats under the hood.

4. westextifosi

westextifosi Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2009
    Lubbock, TX
    Full Name:
    Tex Timberlake
    Were the carbs sent to Pierce Manifolds?

5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Ok... So... what i got from conversation with my tech is that the sparkplugs that get fed from the one specific carb does not ignite. He took the sparkplug out to show me how clean it is compared to the others. He switched up the carburetors and showed me those sparkplugs that got fed from that SAME Carburetor were again clean. All other sparkplugs had an amber tint to them.
    I apologize for the poor communication and explanation. I hope it makes a bit of sense. I don't know what im saying.
    Yes, that Carb was sent back to Pierce.

6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    there are 3 possibilities:
    1. the spark plugs will ignite but there comes no fuel. then the sparkplug is dry. so a matter of the carb. but this normaly is easy to find why they comes no fuel
    2. the spark plug will not ignite because the carb will overflow and the fuel is too much. then the sparkplug is wet
    3. the spark plug will not ingite because of igniton problems ( what I not think you have here)

so only on one cylinder bank or on both banks? I think on both banks each side 1 spark plug is clean ( dry or wet ), so there comes no fuel then. I think at first sight the "float needle valve" ( right word in english? ) is stick