LE MANS RACER LOOKING FOR WORK | Page 9 | FerrariChat

LE MANS RACER LOOKING FOR WORK

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by darth550, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

@@@ JUST ADDED @@@ Who is looking like a moron?

1. Darth is the moron!

2. Sloan is the moron!

3. I thought this was about Roland?

4. I don't care

5. It's all Ryan Alexander's fault

6. Roland has earned this thread

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Thus why this thread is still around. Some are being disrespectful and the simple fact we haven't moved on and some are bringing it up months later is wrong. Difference between attacking someone to get the truth out vs. attacking an easy target continuously to make yourself feel better.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Martin - You are a wonderful man and hold you in the highest regard. I raise my glass to the East and drink this purified water to your health.

It was not assumption that led me to start the "original" Le Man's thread, nor did I have a bone to pick.

I wondered if there were other F-Chatters aside from the living legend who were or are Le Man's participants.

His name came up again.

So, I asked.

And, I searched.

So did others.

There was no treasure.

The living legend was living a lie.

Don't ass-u-me anything.

3. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002

::: Roland Linder :::

- Click photos for larger view - Read Roland's Profile -

WHO GOES FAST?
    Roland E. Linder goes Fast! – one of America’s most prolific and personable race car drivers of recent decades gets up close and personal about life in the fast lane.

Roland Linder – 2 x Le Mans GT auto-racing winner is a husband, an international pro race car driver, and a Crab – at least according to his astrological symbol as a Cancer. Characteristic traits for Cancers are listed as being;

Light side - Emotional and loving, intuitive and imaginative, shrewd and cautious, protective and sympathetic
    Dark side - changeable and moody, overemotional and touchy, clinging and unable to let go

Roland, do any of these traits describe you?
    Definitely the traits regarding the lighter side describe me. I love my wife and pets, and I’m very protective!

Greatest achievement so far in your career?
    I’d have to say the luck to have raced some of the best machinery available.

How does Go Fast define you and how do you define Go Fast?
    My life has always been on the go fast track – from the day I ran away from the orphanage in Belgium till now.

How would you most like to be remembered in life?
    Just a simple guy who loved what he did—racing fine machines and going fast. Every day was a good one regardless of the event.

Best racing tip?
    Don’t be over confident, you’re on top only for so long!

Do you consider yourself to be an extreme athlete?
    Yes! My sport requires a high skill set as well as intense dedication.

Sports I’d Like to Try:
    To be honest – nothing else. I’m very satisfied with the opportunities I’ve been afforded!

What’s behind your nickname “Doc.speed?”
    My nickname comes from being a smart and responsible driver—safety is my #1 priority and I’ve never had a ticket or accident!

When I’m not racing, I’m:
    I love to stay at my ranch—working on cars in my shop, and enjoying the simple life.
    I’ve been happily married for 37 years – what else do I need?

Career Highlights:
    • SCCA Pro Racing license
    • Vintage Motorsports Council license
    • Mile High Racing event organizer
    • Chaos Motorsport Team manager
    • Ferrari National instructor
    • Porsche Club St. Louis, MO. Instructor
    • Porsche Club Colorado instructor
    • Nasa National instructor
    • Calgary (Cdn) high performance instructor

Close Window

4. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Your first two examples relate to someone lying to defraud. The last two examples relate to someone lying to impress. If someone lies in order to impress, I feel sorry for them. If someone lies because they intend to profit/defraud, I feel disdain for them. I'll leave it up to the reader's imagination as to which one applies to 2x LeMans winner.

Perhaps this quote might help:

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #205 darth550, Jun 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There are others. Until They say it's OK, don't ask.

...and if you play the "It isn't credible if you can't say it" card, amazingly, you'll look even more like an idiot!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. PSP

PSP Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2001
    Lake Forest, CA USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick S. Perry
    Apparently, the people here weren't the only ones who heard this story.....

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/3pt8RSRwanabee?page=2

Ergonomically set up for a Lemans Winning Driver

Roland Linder's (ask someone) Very Real, Very Rare, and Very Very Fast F40Lemans

http://www.clubcobra.com/t38689.html

Post #9
    As we are standing there Jay then introduces me to another fine Lemans winner , Roland Linder.

http://www.clubcobra.com/showthread.php?t=45617&page=2

Post #20
    my son Chris, now a Boxster drive, had an afternoon of in-car instruction by Roland Linder, two time winner at Le Mans for Porsche, Roland drove again this year.

http://www.*********************/vbforum/printthread.php?t=235&pp=40

Last post:
    I'm chasing (but not catching) an F40 LM driven by 3 time Le Mans winner Roland Linder at Pikes Peak Raceway in Colorado Springs over the weekend.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119800

Post #14
    If I remember right the whole project cost about $400k including a new F40 engine bought off ebay for $20k.

The crazy man who nurtured it back to life is 2 time LeMans winner Roland Linder.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-33159

I have had contact with Manthey Racing, race teams running GT3-RS, and former Le Mans racer Roland Linder (the guy who had the F40 LM in the Player's Run)

It it a coincidence that they all heard essentially the same story?

7. Cochese

Cochese Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I hope everyone learned a lesson. Have health insurance.

:)

Does anyone ever wonder what would happen if the arguers were to call each other on the phone? Would they even care? I'm right, no you're not, I'm right etc.

8. ROLOcr

ROLOcr Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Costa Rica
    Full Name:
    ROLO
    you forgot post# 11

Roland has an extradinary collection of race cars, including a Ferrari F-40 competition model for a daily driver. McClarens, Lolas, Spice cars, and the like. He won Le Mans twice in Porsche's.

i don't like kicking people while they are down but he defrauded people, that's not nice

9. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Hey Darth,

As you know, I'm the one that posted the pictures of Roland from last weekend. He came with me and several others on a drive through the Rockies. He came only as a passenger, not as a driver. He can't row the gears on a manual anymore, and although he can manage paddles, he simply came along as a guest.

First and foremost, burden of rejoinder resulting in silence or omission of fact is indeed tantamount to lying. I'm not Roland's keeper nor spokesman - I am only his friend - and thus cannot comment on his motivation in propogating mistruths other than guessing that an element of pride was involved. For me, I am far enough removed from the epicenter of controversy (which from what I understand pertained to some appearance fees in LV) that I can state that he has never deceived me personally, to my knowledge. Convenient, perhaps, although entirely true. It is vastly apparent, though, that others here cannot say the same.

I believe the purpose of this thread and the previous one accomplished exactly what the primary directives were - the former to fact-find and to lead to revelation of truth; the latter to send warning that prior wounds are still fresh and that lies will still not be tolerated. I believe both threads were successful in those regards. I would hallucinate that Roland himself would also wholeheartedly agree.

If Roland happens to read this thread, I thoroughly apologize for posting his pictures from our trip. My intent was merely to bring the Canadian enthusiasts up to speed with the events in our area, and not to drudge up past skeletons.

For whatever his crimes were in the past, I still consider him a pretty good guy. I'm able to forgive, but then again, I didn't lose any money to him. Again convenient, but again also true.

For those that care, he is now an aging gentleman that is starting a new life in an area far removed from where he once was, is struggling with unsuccessful surgeries, and is simply trying to move on. It is true he has sold most of his vehicles including his F40, his ranch, and has quietly relocated elsewhere with his wife to get on with the next chapter of his life.

As for his smiles in the pictures, well, who wouldn't be smiling when standing beside a pretty skirt or an Enzo?

For what it's worth, I hope Roland makes right whatever wrongs he created, and I hope that everyone can get a bit of peace on this particular issue.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Great post Brim, lets close it down here on a good note.