Le Mans-inspired Toyota GR Super Sport Concept teased | FerrariChat

Le Mans-inspired Toyota GR Super Sport Concept teased

Discussion in 'Special Projects & Concept Cars' started by jgonzalesm6, Dec 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Derived from Toyota’s sportscar racing programme, the GR Super Sport concept will be unveiled under the Gazoo Racing performance brand

Toyota has announced a Le Mans-derived GR Super Sport Concept under its Gazoo Racing performance banner will be unveiled at next month’s Tokyo Auto Salon.

The car has been previewed by a teaser image while a tweet from Toyota’s racing division confirmed that the concept would be a road car if it makes it to production. The hazy image shows a vehicle looking very similar to Le Mans prototypes run by Toyota’s World Endurance Championship team; flared wheel arches, a low-slung roof, big rear wing and shark fin above the rear engine cover are noticeable along with the race-derived wheels and brake calipers.

The GR Super Sport is also said to draw inspiration from the Yaris rally car that Toyota’s World Rally Championship division competes with. Should it go into production, it will likely be in very limited numbers.

More details will be announced closer to the grand unveil at the Tokyo Auto Salon on 12-14 January. The Japanese manufacturer will also unveil a pair of performance cars under its Gazoo Racing (GR) subsidiary - the 86 GR and the Vitz (Yaris) GRMN, with the latter being launched exclusively in Japan to just 150 units.

2. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Geez it is but ugly from that angle.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  3. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Wow that thing is ugly. It would have looked a lot better to use the shape of the Toyota GT-One (TS020) even though it's 2 decades old...

5. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    Honestly to me it seems much prettier than the TS020.
    I like this new supercar.
    More photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ryan S. likes this.
  6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Given wec are considering replacing prototypes with production hypercars wonder if this is actually going to be toyota’s next contender

7. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I like it

Boomhauer likes this.
  8. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    me too!

9. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Not everyone can design a Ford GT

;)

10. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Are you talking for the first gen (2005) or the second (2016) because i find the second gen ugly, especially the rear part.

11. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Brian was the designer of the new FGT. Check the thread in American Muscle for some of his insight. Really cool stuff.

I wasn't a fan of it in pictures, but in person it is an amazing machine. Looks like nothing else on the road. There were 4 different road cars at the Daytona 24 this year. Each one completely different.