LAWYERS WORK ON UNFAIRNANDO'S EXIT FROM MCL | Page 4 | FerrariChat

LAWYERS WORK ON UNFAIRNANDO'S EXIT FROM MCL

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by PhilNotHill, Sep 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    #76 ricksb, Sep 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Agree. Send FA back where he belongs at Renault. This guy's ego is way out of control. I think he's probably the only one that can stand himself. Even his girlfriend has a familiar look:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    hahahaha...thats the funniest thing i've seen in a long time :D :D

3. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Absent a mechanical failure/tire change "incident" during a race FA will win; he's adapted to the BS tires.

4. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    +1.
    Brilliant !!!!

5. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Only correction, Schumacher comes back and takes Massa's spot, I would settle for Hamilton too. If Alonso joined the team, I would much rather be hit by a car driven by him then support him.

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Just amazing ...

... you all don't even know the guy, or even know the truth but you talk about him like he raped your daughter. Very sad mob mentality. Is this what Ferrari ownership/support has become ...

Interestingly nobody talks/slags off about Stepney ... strange.
    Pete
    ps: BTW subscription is voluntary. To use that as a basis of a debate is childish. Surely we are more mature than that ... er, actually I don't think most are.

7. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'll bet if Alonso was British you wouldn't be coming to his defense so often... :)

8. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    Pete: I've been repeatedly posting on here asking why it is Nigel was not asked to testify before the WMSC if he is, in fact, the single most important figure in the whole scandal and most people are content just bashing on Alonso because he is the easiest person to target (he does bring a lot of it on himself, though). In any case, Nigel has repeatedly said that Couhglan dod not get the documents from him, and if so, from whom did Coughlan get them and is there someone else at Ferrari leaking this stuff? Also, I still believe that Nigel would not have made the comment that he "knows where the bodies are buried" if he did not have some proof to that effect, but I suspect that the FIA could only handle one major team accused of cheating/espionage at a time so we will either not hear about this at all or until the end of the season when there can't really be anything done to rectify the situation. If Jean Todt were smart he'd take his $50M and shut up about McLaren's penalty being too soft. He could be next if there is incontrovertible evidence that Max cannot ignore that warrants an investigation and penalty; otherwise it would be obvious that Max is protecting Ferrari and going after whomever does not kiss his a$$.

9. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    ... I'm no longer interested in defending Alonso (I don't know the guy, just know he is the best driver on the current grid). I just amazed at the amount of hate. I don't believe I have ever talked about wanting to actually punch somebody on a "chat" site ... that is just sad and surely below our level.

We also should restrict our support to these people on the sport field, not off ... as we do NOT know them at all. An example of why we should do this is Peter Brock (Aussie racing champion). I used to respect him a great deal, and I still respect his driving ability but after his death his attitude to woman, etc. has come out and it does not sound like he was such a great person after all. Thus don't idiolise the person, just their sporting skills.

GoFerrari28, Interesting ... anybody would think the mafia were involved :D
    Pete

10. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Like it or not, Alonso is a damned good driver...and he still hasn't tried to run as many people off the road as MS did.

I simply can't understand why MS is consider such a hero to so many. Great driver, yes. Sportsman, NO, one of the most self-absobed drivers that has ever raced.

11. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I absolutely see your point but only half way. All you are saying is logical until you get to the fact that Ferrari has brought civil action against him in both Italian and British courts. I am sure that if he had any info that Ferrari was feeling uncomfortable about there would have been "an undisclosed settlement" outside of court by now. Also it is not like Nigel is locked away in some God forbidden cell and has no contact with anyone. If he had something to sing about, it would make sense that McCheaters would know, and I can't think of a single reason why they would have not brought it out already.
    Also I have read Nigel's comment two different ways in different places. One is "I know where the bodies are buried" and the other is " I know the real rotten apples" I believe that it is also misinterpreted as to why he actually said this. I believe it is meant in his defense in the accusations of sabotage and it was meant as to who really wanted Ferrari to fail.
    You are absolutely right that it is strange and that something smells fishy, but I don't think that Ferrari are the ones who are really afraid of Nigel talking. Something in my gut tells me that it goes deeper than the teams themselves.
    Anyway. We can speculate and generate conspiracy theories all we want, but most likely we would never know the exact truth.
    And been honest I am not really sure if I really WANT to know the truth, as we already had enough of this garbage.
    I mean is it really going to change anything if you just found out who really shot JFK? I don't think so.

12. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Stepney has said a lot of really strange comments in this entire affair, I am not sure to make of what he has said or if he is simply talking out his arse.

Coughlan has already come out on record as stating that the 780 page document he had in his possession came from Stepney but Stepney denies this. Someone is lying here and from the looks of things it is Stepney. I am sure his statements about knowing where the bodies are buried was intended to stifle Ferrari's actions against him but given that it has not, it seems that Stepney is likely blowing hot air.

13. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    According to the hearing transcripts Coughlan received the 780 pages from Stepney at a meeting in Barcelona.

The question during the hearing was: Coughlan was ordered by Neale not to have any further contact with Stepney. So Coughlan flies to Barcelona to meet with Stepney for the purpose of telling him that he did not want to meet with him.

Max and Bernie asked why Coughlan didn't just write him a letter, send him an email, or phone him. Answer: Nobody at the McLiar team thought of it.

Bernie said: When I don't want to meet with someone I have no problem not meeting with them.

The McLiars can't even lie well. ;)

14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

15. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC

Yes, but Bernie's an arsehole. Maybe Coughlan was simply being polite... *tongue firmly in cheek* ;)

16. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    There is something fishy going on here and I'am not talking about the haddock for my tea..

17. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #92 tifosi12, Sep 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL :D

19. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    all great drivers have great egos... Alonso is not an exception. I think he is a great driver, so is Kimi, Felipe, Hamilton and several others. I look forward to the added competition next year.

20. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I definitely agree with you on that part. It's absurd to want to resort to violence just because one dislikes someone's personality or attitude.