LAWYERS WORK ON UNFAIRNANDO'S EXIT FROM MCL | Page 3 | FerrariChat

LAWYERS WORK ON UNFAIRNANDO'S EXIT FROM MCL

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by PhilNotHill, Sep 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kami

Kami Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2006
    St. Louis
    Very true. Point made.

+1 to all of your +1's lol

2. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter

I keep telling all of you, NASCAR is Fred *********'s next stop. :):):) His F1 carrier is over. As said before, who would want him?!

3. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    a lawyers way of saying "i was wrong".

4. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    i guess the next question is. who is mclarens new driver? Button?

5. Kami

Kami Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2006
    St. Louis
    I wish that was the case, Alonso in NASCRAP would be pretty funny, but he's a great talent, someone will pick him up, I just pray it's not Ferrari.

6. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Ron,

If you are running for President again, I'll vote for you. :D

Forza Ferrari

7. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Actually, Alonso didn't rat on the team as much as he took the immunity bait. Max Mosely already had the transcripts of the emails and text messages between DeLarosa, Alonso, and Couglin; they were provided by the Italian authorities. This evidence alone would have driven the WMSC to reach the conclusion they did last week - they didn't need Alonso's testimony although it certainly didn't hurt. They offered immunity if the drivers came forward and told what they knew. From what has been published, there has been no new information that was provided by Alonso - he just confirmed the emails. This smells very much like WMSC going after Ron Dennis and McLaren by putting the drivers against the wall.

The last thing McLaren needs right now is to fire Alonso. Let's assume Alonso is gone; doesn't this leave a void? I'm not able to think of one driver who McLaren could hire right now and who could put the McLaren where it needs to be to take points from Kimi. What irony; Ferrari is assured of the WMC because Stepney screwed them. And McLaren actually needs Alonso if they want Hamilton to win the WDC.

8. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Alonso in a Toyota next year. They can pay the BIG bucks (and desperately need a top-flight driver) and it gives Fernando the chance to do a Schumacher and turn a team around.

9. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Didn't people have the same opinion of Prost? When he left Mclaren and joined Ferrari, it's well known that during that time that most fans disliked Prost and favored Senna and Mansell. Senna and Mansell even went as far as calling him a coward during a press conference and went on about how he never wants to race him teammates on equal status. Seems to me that even if Alonso does join Ferrari, which I strongly doubt he does, time will continue to move and people will get over it. People just want to dramatize over something to keep things interesting, I seriously doubt in their heart of hearts, that they take what they say about the drivers to the point of being absolute.

10. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Didn't he already do that for renault? ;-)

If he goes anywhere I'm sure it's back to renault. Why take a chance in one of the toyotas there's too much wrong there.

11. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC

Ron, I don't believe you would ever do that, even if Alonso were signed. Besides, you still owe me dinner at Senna's favorite restaurant in Miami, yes? :D

I think a lot is forgiven if a driver wins, even in Italy.

12. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    What would be great for Ferrari would for Alonso and Flavio Briatore both to come to Ferrari...an Italian team principal and a Latin driver at Ferrari...they would be the darlings of the F1 world...isn't Flavio still Alonso's manager/agent?

13. red355

red355 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Pa
    No, that is a horrible idea.

14. Kami

Kami Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2006
    St. Louis
    +1

By far the worst idea I've heard in a very long time. Again, it's not always the team that has the best of every talent, it's the teams that have the talents that work together best.

15. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    Luca moves JT to CEO only.....
    JT makes way for Ross to be come the team principal.
    Fonzo comes over to Ferrari
    Kimi stays at Ferrari
    Massa get's passed on...

Ferrari takes the 2008 WDC and WCC...

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Too good to be true.

17. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    To you all I have to say is that outside your narrow minded tunnel vision Alonshole a@@ licker attitude you may be a cool person, but somehow I just doubt it.
    To all other here I would suggest lets just ignore him. Apparently he did not get enough attention as a child and if it is denied in here too he will eventually take his poisonous presence elsewhere.

18. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Maybe he can then get together with the couple other trolls in here and make their own chat. They would probably have a total of about 4 members-themselves and then self destruct.

19. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Speaking of narrow minded tunnel vision... :rolleyes:

20. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The real question is can two time WDC Alonso win the 2007 WDC or will Hamilton be able to keep his points lead over the last three races ?

21. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Oh that would be beautifull...

22. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1 that would be great....

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually I have and now I have to tell you the same thing.

No personal insults please.

24. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Sorry Andreas and the rest of you guys. I just got a little miffed at this kid constantly egging others on here when he doesn't like their opinion. Won't happen again. I already removed the insulting Post.

25. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    To me this sounds kind of like a sour candy.
    I'll tell you what would really be sweeeeet.
    McCheaters do whatever they find fit, altho kicking Alonshole out seems pretty fit.
    Alonshole goes back to Renault, Bmw, Toyota or Yugo-whatever..
    Ferrari brings back Ross
    We win both titles with the current driver lineup.

I really believe that if Ferrari sorts out their reliability, our current boys would do just fine.Actually considering how many problems the cars had and the entire scandal Bull.... they are doing pretty good even now.