lawyer for lotus | FerrariChat

lawyer for lotus

Discussion in 'British' started by IloveGT, Sep 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I am looking for a lemon law lawyer who has experiences dealing with Lotus USA. My car is going to be in the shop for a total of three months...simply too many problems...

Any suggestion? Please feel free to pm me. Thanks.

2. definitelysomeday

definitelysomeday Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom Kavan
    You might want to look into the lemon laws in your state. I lemon lawed a VW here in Florida. It was easy, painless, quick, and I didn't have to pay a lawyer. Just have all of your service records organized.

3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    The phrase Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious was not coined for no good reason.

Boomhauer and Texas Forever like this.
  4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Actualy lotus should be pretty good, its Toyota powered. However under Geely they just deny everything and Lotus USA has no power, not a way to build a brand.

The one good Lotus dealer I know, and theyre excellent is Gator in Indy.

My rule of thumb is if you buy a lotus and your dealer isnt Gator, just go to an independant repair shop and spend the money to fix it.

Robb and 19633500GT like this.
  5. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Just went through this in NJ with MBenz and what I learned is that you must send them a certified letter at 30 days of out of service to their corporate address which gives them a set number of days (check your state's consumer law) and if not rectified in those days, they have to by law buy back the car. Search the laws for your state and if you can't find the address to send it to, call the NJ consumer lemon law hotline and they will give you the address and the name of the person to send the letter to. A gentleman will answer the phone (no prompts) and he will explain everything very clearly to you.

Good luck but time is of the essence to force the manufacturer to buy back.

6. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    What's wrong with the car?

7. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Defective engine block so pistons were scraping cylinders requiring a new engine after only 2K miles.

Flash G likes this.
  8. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Dude, now you have to tell them what happened to Bob's Exige! :eek:

IloveGT likes this.
  9. definitelysomeday

definitelysomeday Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom Kavan
  10. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
  11. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

This is my concern here in the Chicago area. The lotus dealers simply change hands to often.

- Continental Autsports.

- Fox Valley Motor Cars (a.k.a Lamborghini Chicago)

- Lake Forest Sportscars

- Glenview Luxury Imports

Continental had the Lotus franchise for over 10 years. But ever since they got rid of them (1999 IIRC) it's changed hands about every five years.

Which means a different service department, different service managers, technicians, parts department, etc.

My local Porsche dealership has had the same master technician for over 23 years. Both of my Porsche's ran perfect.

IMHO

12. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    What the evora has going for it, is exotic appearance for mass produced price.
    In the against colum is the service experience, which frankly is poor. None of which is helped by Lotus themselvs.
    Maybe in the future they will run mercedes power and have a proper service network. As it stands since geely took over theyre doing an even better job of alienating customers.

Much as I love the product, I woudl say now is not a good time to buy a lotus, unless you dont mind having it serviced at an independant, and provided youre lucky to get a good one.

IloveGT likes this.