Launch of the 2017 Electric GT championship | FerrariChat

Launch of the 2017 Electric GT championship

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by william, Sep 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The Electric GT Championship Launch
    Ibiza, September 27th 2016

Electric GT

The official launch of the Electric GT Championship is tomorrow night in Ibiza Marina, with public demonstration runs and a tour around the waterfront in the town of Ibiza. The racing series starts next year.

The championship will feature 20 drivers from 10 teams competing in seven championship rounds at tracks across Europe: the Nürburging in Germany; the Circuit de Catalunya in Spain; Mugello in Italy; Brands Hatch in the UK; Zandvoort in the Netherlands; Estoril in Portugal and Paul Ricard in France. Non-championship rounds are also planned in the Americas.

Race weekends will consist of a 20-minute practice session, 30 minutes of qualifying and two 60km races, one in the day and one at dusk. Organisers say each weekend will be a “festival of technology and innovation for sustainability”, and each race will be streamable on YouTube, Twitch and Periscope.

2. To be followed soon by the 24 Hours of Somewhere....2 hours of race time and 22 of recharge time.....how exciting. :eek:

(one benefit; plenty of nap time)

3. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    You didn't read properly, did you.

There is no mention of 24h race, but 60km sprint races.

4. I read "properly" and even understood. You didn't have to explain.

I'm the one that mentioned a 24 hour race. You didn't read "properly".

I will explain. Simply put, it would be boring. ;)

5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

For you maybe.

I find Formula E races entertaining; they are less predictable than F1, and there are more overtaking.

It's a different crowd too ...

6. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Shocking!!! :D