Latest pictures of MM Enzo | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Latest pictures of MM Enzo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by S Brake, Jan 17, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    are any of the build photos that were deleted earlier going to be reposted? id love to see what i missed

2. WKM

WKM Rookie

Oct 23, 2009
    Riverton, Utah
    Possibly, as time permits.

3. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Awesome story. Many of us have followed this start to finish. Hell, I started when his car was in Road and Track! It's a great way to end the saga.

I couldn't be more pleased!
    Thanks for keeping FChat involved!

_J

4. 2mnyToys

2mnyToys Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
  5. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
  6. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  7. WKM

WKM Rookie

Oct 23, 2009
    Riverton, Utah
    #532 WKM, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Happy New Year!! Wishing each of you a wonderful 2011...

We will be adding more information on the rebuild of the MMEnzo in the next few weeks, but for now, here is a link to RSL Racing, and a bit more of the story.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement along the way.

http://www.rslracing.com/

Oh.... and a shot from the showroom at Steve Harris Imports
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud likes this.
  8. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #533 S Brake, Feb 16, 2011
  9. WKM

WKM Rookie

Oct 23, 2009
    Riverton, Utah
    For those in the Salt Lake City area this weekend, the MM Enzo will be on display at the 37th annual AutoRama held at the South Town Expo Center. On display with the car will be the highly modified 1949 Chevrolet COE and RSL Racing team trailer used to transport the Enzo to the Bonneville Salt Flats.

Show begins on Friday March 4th and runs through Sunday the 6th. Come out and enjoy the show.

For those unable to attend, I will post photographs over the weekend.

10. Jimi900

Jimi900 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    SO... Is there any updates on MM Enzo? What has it been up to since playing in the salt? Has it been driven on the road, in street car trim?

Jim

11. WKM

WKM Rookie

Oct 23, 2009
    Riverton, Utah
    Jim,

In the process....the car has been invited to the Intermountain Concours d"Elegance the end of August. The Enzo, along with many other Land Speed Racing vehicles, will be part of a special display at the Concours, celebrating Utah's rich history of Land Speed Racing.

Full change over will not happen until after the Concours.

The Road and Track article will be on the newstands soon as well.

Kevin

12. Kravchak

Kravchak Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Thank you for the update...

13. WKM

WKM Rookie

Oct 23, 2009
    Riverton, Utah
    We want to thank everyone for your interest in the MM Enzo project.

Just a short note to update the previous update.

The Road and Track Article on the MM Enzo appears in the August issue. Should be on newsstands next week.

And.....we are returning to the Bonneville Salt Flats for Speed Week beginning August 13th.

We will make a few data runs to test aero effects and performance. This trip should be a bit less intense than last year, and provide valuable data for the future.

Kevin

14. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Rec'd the issue today and thanks to your post I knew what to flip to first. Amazing that it's been five years since the incident and more amazing is the "resurrection." Great stuff; many thanks to all involved. I was surprised that the article didn't mention the source of the body panels; would have made for a nice side article on the P4/5.

Long live the MM ENZO!

15. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Cool Article!

16. WKM

WKM Rookie

Oct 23, 2009
    Riverton, Utah
    #541 WKM, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
    Just a bit more about out trip to Bonneville this year.

As most of you are aware, on our record runs on the Bonneville Salt Flats, at the World Finals in October 2010, we ran the MM Enzo with stock gearing and body configuration.

We are very happy with the manner in which the car performed, and as a team, feel fortunate that lessons learned at the two previous LSR events in August and September, enabled us to make the necessary corrections to the car, to establish a new Land Speed Record in the modified sport class.

There has been a great deal of interest in the project. We feel the Road and Track article added an insight to the events surrounding the reconstruction of the car.

To provide an additional means of sharing the story of the reconstruction, many aspects of the project have been filmed as part of a documentary.

One of the things we would like to accomplish at Bonneville this year is to acquire additional video for the documentary. We want to illustrate just what is required to campaign a car at a LSR event. In addition, give those who view the documentary a glimpse of Speed Week, and the Bonneville Salt Flats. We feel it is important to feature and acknowledge the many things the dedicated men and women of the Southern California Timing Association do, to host such a world class event.

I mentioned in my previous post that we will be making a few data runs. I would like to clarify, that all the information we acquire while running on the Salt Flats is beneficial to our future plans for the car, which is to return it to street use. Bonneville provides a test bed, like no other in the world, and while we have no intention of reaching the speeds attained last year, the opportunity to participate with the Enzo at Speed Week, test a few things, and further enhance the documentary footage we presently have, is well worth the effort.

17. Paul_H

Paul_H Rookie

Jun 23, 2010
    That isn't a simple question to answer, but perhaps some history will help. Way back when Bonneville was first used for setting land speed records, the salt layer was approximately 2' deep and provided a relatively smooth consistant surface and good traction.

I don't known when this began, but a company started mining potash from the salt flats, and over the years the salt layer was reduced to just a few inches, with the underlying layer of silty mud. Last time I was at Bonneville in '93 the surface of the salt was not consistant, there were pressure ridges, and wet spots. Running over that relatively rough surface resulted in traction problems. I know my friends streamliner cars and motorcycles have had issues over the years with being able to hook up the power and get clean runs.

There is an organization called Save the Salt, and they have been working tirelessly to improve the condition of the flats. http://www.saltflats.com/save%20the%20salt.html

But the good old days are gone, and how much rainfal, snow meltoff etc during the winter has a huge effect on weather or not the salt flats will be flooded, or what type of surface will be available for racing. So traction can be all over the map from relatively smooth good grip, to something that looks like bouncing down a country road.

18. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
  19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Great to see the car running again, and I really enjoyed the R&T article.

The picture of the vintage hauler REALLY made me want to bid on the 1950 International of the "Guido Veloce" race team!!!

(Thread up in Silver on that auction)

20. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    #546 Latsyrc, Aug 29, 2011
    NürScud likes this.
  21. EnJi

EnJi Karting

Dec 12, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Well, make it Predje
    Not many a car fan will enjoy the look of lots of salt on their car, let alone on a unique Ferrari... But I like it! Cool car and awesome that it isn't cleaned. Nice!

22. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Just hoping it will get me out of any tickets I might get in Ogden. :D

23. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name: