Last race of the season | FerrariChat

Last race of the season

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by LVP488, Nov 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    In spite of the lockdown, we could race on the Le Castellet track (short configuration, 3.8km instead of 5.8km for the F1 circuit), during the French GT4 championship final. Since this event was virtually the only one to be authorized, there were many categories racing and for Caterham, the RoadSport (which I race, road legal cars with 135 hp) and 420R (race cars with about 200 hp) were mixed with 44 cars on the track (!).
    Before I edit my films to show how it looked to be lapped by the faster cars in the traffic, here is a "pro" recording of the very last race; I started last (44th on the grid ;( , 20th of my category - even worse than usually) and ended 37th / 16th, with the car still unscathed (which was my best achievement here):

You can follow my moderate progress from the back of the grid, #63.
    Next year I may need to work a little to be more competitive, many people are actually very committed and with a casual approach I stand no chance ;)