Largest house | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Largest house

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by Teenferrarifan, Dec 15, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    This from the executive chef at the hotel who I met at a dinner party: The brother of the Sultan lives in an entire wing of the BH Hotel. Every day, he and his entourage of 150 people order (get this) every single item on the menu for every single room, breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is left ONLY in the hallways for them to open the doors and pick at what they please. 95% of all the food is discarded every day. He told me that the hotel bills the brother over $44,000.00 per day.

DL

2. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    I live in Mt. Laurel, and that house has been in the papers before. As another aside, I believe the owner has a thing for Ferraris. ;)

3. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    We need some pictures in this thread!!!!!!!
    Erik

4. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thats a pretty sick pool. If it were mine i'd add in a few waterfalls and a few trees to make it more rainforest-like.

Theres this huge house near me that must be 20k+ sq ft. In the driveway it has a three axle ferrari trailer parked next to the like 10 bay garage. One of my friends saw a diablo drive into that estate once. anyone know who's it might be?

Huge houses are awesome, but they mustbe a pain inthe ass to walk around. I would definately buy a rascal for inside use and a golf cart for outside use.

5. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    What a waste! WHY?

My friend just told me something similar about Sad-dam. Sad-dam supposedly had four meals prepared daily in every single one of his 34 palaces so no one would know where he would be. BTW, each palace had @ 300 rooms each???

6. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #31 Jason W, Dec 17, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    That belongs to FChat member, Napolis.

8. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Mr. G that house is awesome. Where is it? Did you design it?
    Erik

9. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    40 minutes from Times Square. Yes.

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Times Square = x²

Nice joint. Question from a former custom cabinetmaker (me):
    What are the kitchen & bath cabinets, built-ins, closets, etc. like?

11. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

QUESTION FROM A ENTREPENUER (SP)

WHAT BRAND BATTERIES AND FLASHIGHTS ARE USED IN THE GLICKENHAUS ESTATE??

12. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Is your house on the Hudson? Beautiful. I have a bunch of stores in upstate NY and always loved it up there. This past summer had the chance to cruise down the Hudson from Albany to Annapolis, Md in a friends boat that he just purchased and the captain was taking her from Chicago to Annapolis. I got on in Albany and had an awesome trip down the Hudson. Beautiful houses all the way.

13. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I'm guessing L.I. Sound.

I do love the Hudson River Valley, too. Beautiful scenery.

14. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Bruce Batteries.
    Sound.
    Milled solid mahagony cabs, and doors, Kevasangua front door, solid teak decks.
    If you watch my movie "McBain" you'll see a scene inside.

15. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Its not just the size of the bellevue ave homes that is impressive ,but the materials and scale (ceiling heights, wall thickness). They are built in a way that will not be repeated. It is a national treasure and worth everyone's time to see at least once. It is the disneyland of moolah. To see not one but many equal homes in one spot is amazing. As a fan of architecture and design it is an interesting look into what was possible with unlimited wealth and imagination but at the same time a reminder of robber barons and a true american hero teddy r the trust buster.
    Bellevue would look nice with a parade of exotics going down it but there are no high speed roads in that area of RI. Can't beat that street on a warm may morning for beauty.

BTW Napolis - are there 2 espirits parked in front of your house?
    T

16. androza

androza Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Why are you so sure? It seems to me any billionaire could afford to do such things. Or are you saying that the craftsmen to do it just dont exist anymore?

17. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I've wanted to visit Hearst Castle after seeing a show on it on the Discovery Channel. That place looks amazing.

As for the largest house I've been in I can't really say. I wasn't aware of the square footage also. But I can say there was this gorgeous house on the beach in Kahala that I've been in. It had something like nine rooms, a personal theatre, floors covered in marble. It was the nicest house I've ever been in. The yard was enormous too, given it's location. Combine all of that with a gorgeous view of the Pacific Ocean everyday and the sound of waves gently rubbing the sands of your own personal section of beach and you have a paradise.

18. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    A little of both. I have been in most of them, read about them, and watched the tv shows about them. Some took a very long time to build with crews working multiple shifts. They were highly skilled in areas not much used anymore and plus the interiors have sections from european palaces. My guess would be 30-50 mil a pop for the craftspeople, unique treasures and other pricey materials used in construction, plus the very large water front acreage their built on. So i guess if gates, the late s walton, buffet, ellison, trump and a few others wanted to blow that kind of CASH (real money, not paper wealth) all in the same neighborhood then it could be repeated.

I have seen the many nice homes built today in magazines like unique homes but they aren't built with 3 foot thick marble walls.

http://www.newportmansions.org/page3544.cfm

T

19. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Nope. Just a crown vic with small hubcaps, tinted glass, and a # of antennas...